No lie but this really happened

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Funny stuff in here! Thanks, I needed that!

Reminds me of a time my Grandmother way dying her hair. She always used a strawberry blonde color and did it at home herself. One day she was coloring her hair and she looked up in the mirror while it was processing and she thought it looked awful dark. So, she waited the proper time thinking it was ok because she bought the strawberry blonde dye she always got. Once she rinsed it out, her hair was black! Somebody at the store or the factory but black dye in the wrong box! My Grandma laughed so hard, she was very jovial, so she just wore her hair black for 3 months.

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:43 am

Bev, you are just an awesome person. I enjoy your posts so much.

We borrowed a lawn mower from a friend because I took ours apart and now it won't run. The borrowed mower is old and does not have an off switch so our friend has a wire rigged to the housing as a ground. I must have been really out of it because when it was time to shut it off, I could not get the ground to work. I ran the throttle down so it shut off the gas.
Later, sitting in a nice chair, I realised, you have to touch the ground wire to the spark plug Don. DUH
I was so glad no one was there to see me touching the wire to the wrong place.
I just had to laugh because if you can't laugh at these things, then you do have a problem. LOL

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:08 am

The hair dye thing is funny! Reminds me of when I was at the hair dresser and she forgot to mix the brown in with the red and put straight bright red dye on my hair and didn't realize it until 30 minutes later! Well, I looked like Clarabelle the clown! Didn't have the guts to leave it like that like Maxcat's grandmother did though. Can't imagine what my co worker's at the time would have thought if I had walked into work like that! Maybe -"oh, well Mary must have totally flipped out now!"

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:17 am

SCDon, well thank you very much! I needed to hear that today-lol- if I give you my husband's phone number, will you call him and tell him at least once a day that I can sometimes be awesome? LOL- just kidding- how about his email address??
And, it takes an awesome person to know one, so the feeling is very mutual! Thanks to ALL the awesome people here who make my day with their stories and testimonies!

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:28 pm

This morning apparently my head wasn't in the game. I bathed with shampoo instead of my body wash, and I used my facial wash on my hair.

Fortunately, I still ended up clean. :)

I think I have too many products in my shower.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:57 pm

These are all superb.

When I was around 5 years old (I believe) the youngest of my two sisters was pregnant at a young age and caught up in a relationship with a guy that wasn't so great. She would always cry on the phone with him and such and my parents had enough of it. I remember late one night they were both arguing with her in the living room/kitchen area. It was getting pretty intense when all of a sudden my mom tells my dad, "Honey, it's about time that you pull your pants down!". What she had meant to say was, "Honey,it's about time you put your foot down!". Being a child I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:40 am

LOL Dustin!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:32 pm

I have really been enjoying all of these stories.

One time my mother was washing my younger sisters hair in the bathroom and instead of putting conditioner in her hair she accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle and put hair romeving lotion in her hair... my mom freaked out so bad...

about two or three years ag... i think it was either the fourth of July or New Years, but i had stayed out all night and celebrated... well i must have celebrated a little too much b/c when i woke up the next day, instead of going home i went to my son's daycare to pick him up... when i got out of the car to go in i finally realized that it was Saturday and besides my son was already at home... talking about alcohol killing your brain cells...

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:27 am

Dustin - LOL You'll probably always remember that one. I was watching the soap operas with my mom when I was home from school sick. She watched one called the Young and the Restless and before the show started an announcer said "And now we continue with The Young and the Breastless." Oops.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:43 am

Blauren - I hope your sister didn't lose her hair! OMG Talk about an instant panic attack!

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”