No lie but this really happened

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
SCDon

Post by SCDon » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 am

The first day I delivered Pizzas, I could not wear my khaki pants because the zipper had broken.

My older brother would not let me have a key to his apartment after he had agreed I could stay with him for a while and after I arrived with the first load of my stuff. So, I stayed elsewhere.

My dad's friend, Ray, went racoon hunting and the dogs treed a bear. Ray got so excited, he loaded his shotgun with a tube of Chap-Stik.

My mom put eardrops in my eye once. It hurt!!!

I once got into a bar fight because this girl, who said she did not like violence, pulled a guy off his bar stool.

As kids, we named one dog Spot and the next dog Rover.

ATT, after I washed my cell phone accidentally, wanted to send me a text message instead of giving me the info online or over my niece's phone.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:22 am

I like the phone one the best.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:23 am

The other day I went on a two hour trip and spotted gas thirty cents cheaper than in my hometown. On my way back I made it a point to stop there to get gas. I filled my car and realized I had put premium gas in it, which was thirty cents more than regular. I'm still banging my head on the wall.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:26 am

Oh, and once my dad woke with a stuffy nose. My mom sent him to the kitchen for an allergy medication. He never puts anything back, so the next morning she went to put the bottle back in the cabinet. It was an estrogen tablet he tookby accident. Dad felt bloated, irritable and very unappreciated all day- lol!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:40 am

When my mom was in her 20's she sprayed hairspray under her arms, mistaking it for deodorant! And she used bug spray for hairspray. Poor thing, she was going through a divorce at the time.

HERE IS A GREAT ONE. I come from a large family, on my moms side of the family. My Grandmother has family dinners often. While at a family dinner, one of my uncles came up to me and greeted me at the front door and gave me a BIG HUG. I had gone outside and came in through the back porch. There was my uncle that had just greeted me at the front door, standing on the back porch with his wife and kids, talking to family. He said "Well, hey Stephanie how in the world are you doing?!" I didn't know what to say, I had just greeted him and his family at the front door 15 minutes earlier! LOL

hopehound

Post by hopehound » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:58 pm

I was visiting my aunt in Charlotte, NC while interviewing for jobs. (1986). My cousin, Bobby, took me to a bible study to meet some friends. At the time, I had a full head of hair and Bobby was mostly bald. I met a girl named Debbie and told her I was Bobby's cousin. She asked me "How did you get hair?" Not hearing her very well, I said "Bobby drove."
ANGELS CAN FLY BECAUSE THEY TAKE THEMSELVES LIGHTLY

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 pm

To SCDON
That's funny :)

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 pm

SCdon.
ha ha!! Crack me up
That was funny!! :) cute stories from you all!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 pm

I bought 4 quarts of motor oil at one of those Dollar Stores. There were no stickers on them so the girl had to ask someone for the price. The other person said $2.25 each. So the first girl said "how much for 4?" The other person started looking for a calculator. Unable to speak, I just stood there. One of their co-workers says "It's $9. DUH!" I found out at least two of them are still in high school, so there is hope.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks to all for the laughs. Good stuff!

Today on a work order I was processing, it stated that the grass at a house being foreclosed was 36' high. Obviously it should have been 36" high, but I had a good giggle thinking about grass being taller than the house.

I've had a million funny moments that I wish I could share, but anxiety has turned my brain to mush and I can't remember them. :)

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”