Halloween

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
derfy

Post by derfy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:43 pm

cream cheese: I renamed this thread because the title no longer suited your response. I think Halloween is different things to different people. I'm guessing I'm much older than you, as I remember that Halloween came to us as a contration of hallowed e'en (evening), the night before All Saints Day. I even remember dressing as saints one year.

Personally, I liked halloween when my girls were young and I could dress them cute. I'm not too crazy about all the gory costumes and such about death.

I have learned as an adult (in therapy) to nurture my inner child, as I was not nurtured, did not feel secure (although I was watched over like a hawk), and my parents didn't always take care of my psyche or help me to expand it. No worries. What is therapy for anyway, eh? ;)

You sound somewhat ethereal. I was that way in college, in the early 70s. It was an ethereal time for a big portion of young people. The anti-war movement was at its peak (Vietnam), and the 60s brought the Beatles, of course, with their Make Peace, Not War message (which I instantly adopted!) :)

I see you first joined in May of '08, but have posted only three handsful of times ;). Are you working the program again, may I ask? If this is too personal, just say so and I'll delete it. Looking forward to hearing about you - from you! Thanks!
Last edited by derfy on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Actually, Halloween as is Christmas was always centered around children....but we as adults still have our inner child in us and it never leaves.Celebrating these occasions and Holidays is an essential part of our subconscious that has been sequestered over the years and focused around our children..we had a certain happiness and security that we all felt with our parents, siblings, and homelife. We have never lost that. Role reversals occurred and we have lost that feeling of being watched over, being secure, being taken care of like our parents did for us. No one will replace these fine people in our lives. We only set it aside to experience another phase of our lives. But we are still the same person at 2, at 10, at 21, 35 50 and 70s. well into old age. We are still a child of God, no matter how we look at it. Halloween, Christmas, Easter, thanksgiving, New Years, etc. are burnt in Our countrys history and in our memories forever.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”