Share an embarrassment that is now funny to you!

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:56 pm

I was at the grocery store one day. I made a very large purchase, well, after having the lady ring up my purchases, I forgot to pay for it and left the store.I realized I made the aweful mistake a mile down the road. I felt small as I went back in the store to pay the bill. The lady was very upset. I never leave without paying anymore. It helps not to take two crying babies.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:22 am

While I was in college, I went out to eat with 6 of my girl friends. We were seated at a booth with three of us on each side. One of the girls wanted to get a picture of all of us so she asked the waiter if he could take a picture. I got really nervous because I thought everyone was going to look at me and think I was stupid and immature for wanting my picture taken in a resteraunt. Before he even took the picture I started crying. I was so upset b/c I thought everyone was going to look at me b/c I was taking a picture when they probably wouldn't of noticed me if I wasn't crying. I can laugh about it now.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:46 am

My twin sister and I would go to Wal-Mart together all the time well she knew that I never paid any attention to where we parked,and she would always went to the car before I did and she would sit in the car watching me go all over the parking lot looking for her and i knew she was watching me and laughing,but one day it caught up with her when she got in a car that she thought was hers but it wasnt and someone had their pet iguana in the car and it was sitting on the back of the passenger seat,needless to say i had no trouble finding her that day cause she got out of there screaming.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:05 pm

I have ulcerative colitis, which means that I sometimes need to get to a restroom FAST. I even carry a card from the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) that says, "I can't wait," and explains why. While in a department store one day, the need arose, and I dashed for the restroom. I was very pleased with myself for having made it until I saw the disposal unit for sanitary napkins and wondered, "What's that doing in a men's room?" Then, someone else came in, and I thought, "How do I get out of here?" I waited until she left, then I left, looking straight ahead, ignoring the women outside who were staring at me as I did so. Fortunately, no one complained to the management. I am now more careful to check the sign on a restroom door before I enter, no matter how fast I need to get there.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:22 pm

I know this post is a few months old, but felt compelled to share. When I was 15 and a freshman in highschool, we had to learn CPR in our health class. I felt that I was doing just fine (for someone who is shy and felt a little weird breathing into a dummy) and the teacher instructed the 4 of us with the dummies to 'straddle the dummy'. There were probably 20 other students watching as I picked up each dummy's leg and spread it into the middle splits position, never dreaming that the teacher meant for us to put each leg on either side of the dummy!
Hey, I'd been a gynmast since I was 6, and 'straddle' to me was middle splits! I think my teacher almost peed his pants he was laughing so hard (as I turned a bright shade of red completely mortified).

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”