Share an embarrassment that is now funny to you!

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
lifeisbetter

Post by lifeisbetter » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:39 am

Thought it might be funny to share a embarrassing time that hopefully by now you can laugh about.

I was walking out of the pharmacy having picked up a prescription. Walked to a car that sure looked like mine.
I noticed the windshield wipers. They sure had a lot of leaves and twigs stuck around them. I can't believe I would let that go. So I started picking them off by the drivers side. The window started to roll down!!!
What the heck? There was a lady on a cell phone looking at me. She said "You folks are sure nice around here. We just moved here" She smiled.
I just was speechless and with eyes wide stepped back. I sputtered out, "Oh I'm so sorry! I thought this was my car. Have a great day, and welcome to Denver."

Any funnies you can share?
Last edited by lifeisbetter on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:54 am

I was picking up a prescription at the pharmacy drive-thru. The pharmacy tech informed me that they never received a script to fill. "Yes you did" I answered. "I called it in this morning". She said, "I'm sorry Ma'am but we don't have a record of you calling in a prescription". Impatiently I said, "This is ridiculous. Can you just check one more time?" From my car I could see her talking to other pharmacy employees about my prescription. She then pulled out a phone book and started dialing the phone. I was so impatient by this time. When she was finally done, she informed me, "Ma'am, you called the prescription to Walgreens". I said, "I know, isn't this Walgreens?!!?" I cringed as she replied, "No, this is CVS. Walgreens is across the street". :o I felt REALLY small!
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Mary65

Post by Mary65 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:20 am

I was grocery shopping in the commissary and the bagger wheeled the grocery out to the parking lot. I opened the back of a red Dodge Durango for the man to put the groceries into. The back was really dirty with hay and I was getting mad at my husband for hauling hay in my truck. During this time the alarm was also going off and the guy was loading up the groceries. I used the clicker to cut off the alarm and then an alarm nearby went off. That alarm belonged to another red Dodge Durango. That one was mine. I said "Oh my God, this isn't my truck. Hurry up and get those groceries to my truck". My daughter and the bagger couldn't stop laughing. I was concerned with the owner coming out and catching us fooling around with his truck. As we drove off, the other Dodge was still honking and flashing. And yes, a lot of people were staring. It was funny.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:23 pm

lol funny

Once I was at a dept. store and had to use the restroom. So I go in there all cool, and after finishing, I come out and I hear someone screaming for about a minute, calling out to some one "Ma'am", "Ma;am" lol.......it was to ME! She looks at me embarrassed and says...."you have toilet paper hanging out of your pants." OMG! I was so embarrassed, LOL.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:02 pm

A few years ago, I was at the supermarket with my boyfriend. He was driving a light blue company car that seemed to be the color of the year. While shopping, I wasn't feeling well, so I went out to sit in his company car and wait. After about 5 or 10 minutes, a family was outside the car looking at me funny. Then, I looked over and saw my boyfriend driving around the parking lot in his car looking for me.
wow, did I feel like the goofball of the year!
LOl.. :o
Cheryl

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:55 pm

About 16 years ago, I was having problems with stomach ulcers (and gall bladder problems though I didn't know it at the time), that along with IBS. This combination caused me to have some really explosive gas.

My oldest daughter and I were going down an empty aisle at a Schnuck's grocery store, when suddenly I felt an attack coming on. I was practically paralyzed, afraid that "it" would happen in the store. I whispered to my daughter we needed to hurry up and get out of the store and why. I started pushing the cart really quickly down the aisle, and I couldn't believe it, Dana (about 13-14 years old at the time) grabs onto the cart and won't let it go. We're literally struggling over the cart, she was laughing thinking it was really funny. I was ready to kill her! lol Of course, the inevitable happened, very long and very loud.

For a second we were both shocked and she started laughing out loud. I couldn't help it, I started laughing, too. But I got even. Just as someone's cart was starting to come around the corner, I said to her very loudly and in an admonishing voice, "How COULD you!!!" I walked off and let her standing there (with her mouth wide open) as embarrassed as she tried to make me. [You don't mess with a master!]

To this day, we call that "doing a Schnucks". lol

Hope this makes you laugh.

samcat

Post by samcat » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:03 am

Yesterday. I was having a very rough and depressed day. I was heading to the library, and stopped off at McDonald's to get the grilled chicken special. I went through the drive thru stopped at the first window and paid, then went to the second window got my drink and pulled off. I was busy gulping down my drink that I forgot all about my food. I got to the next traffic light and was getting ready to grab some fries and noticed that there was no bag. :) Cracking up. I had to turn back around go back through the drive-thru to get my food. I admit, it got me to at least smile at myself. They had my bag waiting for me. Normally I would be embarrassed by something like that, but yesterday I felt like I had enough to feel bad about. Plus, that's not my first time doing that. :)

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:02 am

I used to brag about how I loved hot peppers so much then a person gave me a cayan pepper I was crying. That thing was so hot I quit bragging after that. :D

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:56 am

You know how anxiety makes you forgetful sometimes? Three times this week I came to work with either my fly open or with my pants completely undone! Ugh! I'm glad I sit at a desk. :o

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:56 pm

I was at the grocery store one day. I made a very large purchase, well, after having the lady ring up my purchases, I forgot to pay for it and left the store.I realized I made the aweful mistake a mile down the road. I felt small as I went back in the store to pay the bill. The lady was very upset. I never leave without paying anymore. It helps not to take two crying babies.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”