Has anyone seen "Nim's Island" ?

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
sunset34

Post by sunset34 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:27 pm

The newest release with Jodi Foster called "Nim's Island" is about an Agoraphobic writer that challenges herself to reach new limits to help a little girl in distress.

I watched this movie with my girls tonight and really loved it. It's definately a family movie but had me laughing at the things I could identify with.

<A HREF="http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/nimsisland/" TARGET=_blank>Nim's Island Trailer</A>
Last edited by sunset34 on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][i]" You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt

[/i][/b]

baby_g

Post by baby_g » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Sunset!
I saw that movie, it was great! And look how she came through it, she had so many challenges in front of her, but she did it, and so can we. Suzzie
~No one can make you feel inferior without your permission~

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 am

My mom and I watched that movie and she laughed because she said I am exactly like the writer. I hated her saying that but then I realized that it was completely true. :(

I don't want to be that type of person anymore. I am really hoping this program helps me.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:37 am

Thanks for the replies!

Candice,
This program will help by giving you skills to use so you can help yourself. If you work hard ...you cannot fail! :)

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 am

I was just recommended to watch this movie. My boys have already seen it. I am looking forward to it...Thanks for the heads up as well.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:17 pm

I just saw the movie and I really enjoyed it. It was really nice to see a good family movie with no sex or violence and a good story :)

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:07 pm

I laughed hysterically at the way Jodi Foster portrays the agoraphobic writer. I'm not as bad as having 20 bottles of Purell just in case but I've been in those shoes. I just love her in this movie. I've watched it about 8 times already!

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:21 pm

I have not seen Nim's Island but after reading these posts I will get it this weekend. I love the movie Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Mr Magorium is all about possibilities. I watch this movie to laugh, to cry, and to energize myself for possibilities.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”