If I didn't keep smiling I don't know where I would be...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
fixnme1st

Post by fixnme1st » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm in the process of divorcing after 18yrs of marriage to an active bipolar/alcoholic ,who is disabled,my son is bipolar/ADHD,and is about to become a father at 16,his girlfriend is also 16 and bipolar with ADHD and anxiety disorder.My therapist is retiring.I just found out I have Herpes simplex 2 from Mr.not so faithful,and a case of shingles brought on by stress.So I thought.A smile,a prayer and this program was a good start....

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:43 pm

I have started this reply many times and all I can say is, be strong and stay your course. There are so many places to be on the internet to tell your tale, but none that work at Combatting Stress and Depression Program. You will feel and be better, you will gain in personal insight and inner peace, you will succeed. Sasuva

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:28 pm

Fixnme1st,

...and to post here in humor in anxiety?

You sound quite sane to me. I recall Zorba the Greek saying to the Alan Bates character when asked what Zorba did when his son died... Zorba said "dance". What a terrifically spiritual reply! This program is a great start for you and your boy, too! Bless you.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Hey, my prayers are with you, sounds like you're going through the mountain top right about now..the last five years have been quite traumatic for me too..My parents who were married for 40 some years got a divorce, I had to move after living in the same house for 17 years(we didn't have alot of time to look around and I lost alot in the move), my son and his girlfriend are having a baby in August..I haven't been able to drive since last February and had to leave my full time job because the panic attacks were so bad, then in July I had to leave my part time job..the panic just becomes so unbearable..the only safety place I feel right now is being at home..So, I feel what you're going through right now..that's why it's so good to have this forum and other people to talk to that are going through the same kinds of things..i'm so thankful for Lucinda and her program and I can't wait til I get to the point where she's at..Here's to all of us getting over this doggoned stress/anxiety and living a good life!!

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”