Turning Scary thoughts into funny thoughts.

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 5:32 am

Dear PeaceSeeker, Realize also, that you WILL NOT do the things that you are scarily thinking about.....it's your minds way of distracting yourself from the feelings that you are having. What I do is when I have a scary thought, I picture catching it in a butterfly net...gently catching it....realizing that it is just a thought.....and I tell myself just that....it's only a thought, nothing more, and I will recognize it...catch it in my butterfly net....and let it go.... I hope that helps. For me, it is a peaceful way to rid the thoughts, and they do go away. Peace to you, June

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 7:27 am

Hi PeaceSeeker:
What June has mentioned to you here sounds very reasonable and helpful.
I hope that it works for you.
I add my well wishes with hers and hope that you are feeling much better.
My best to you.
MJ

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 am

BONG!!! LOL, I will never forget this. I will stop and think...BONG!!! Before I react now. I use to get stressed a lot, when I had to take a test. One of my proffesors taught me to close my eyes and picture all of this things (STRESS) flying around you and your on a top of a mountian. when you are doing this, open and close your fingers, while inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth. It amazing and works for me. Maybe it will work for all of you too. ;)

Be Safe/ Be Well

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:12 am

As far as the Mickey Mouse gloves, I think this would intice me to knock my husband out. LOL Although, it wouldn't hurt him so much. :D ;)

Be Safe/Be Well

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”