Those with scary thoughts.. READ!

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
Jess2005

Post by Jess2005 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:11 pm

That's funny about the airport! Actually, I have the same OST. It's so wierd, cause you know you'd never hurt anyone and that the thought is completely irrational. I'd love to talk to you more about it, I thought I was pretty much the only one with that fear!

btw, I love you hair, it's really cute!

Post by Guest » Mon May 19, 2008 3:24 am

Originally posted by Ld26angell:
Hi there!
My biggest symptoms, are OST's. Most of the time they are about hurting myself or others. They are SO unrealistic. I could never do any of those things, but like everyone else that deals with this, it still scares me.
My problem is the FEAR not the Thoughts!
Well so anyways, I was on my way home from work yesterday, thinking about how I used to feel when I was at my worst with OST's (2 yrs ago) and how I was so scared to be alone because I thought I would do soemthing to mysefl or soemthing silly.
So... I was walking my dog and we were trotting along in the snow and on the ground was a tiny play toy revolver!
I started to crap up!
I have always been scared of guns and imagined how someone could ever shoot themselves (movies, stories in news regardin this always terrified me)
I bent down and picked up that 'gun' and put it in my purse just as a reminder to really look at the humor in a thought like that!!
I just thought this story was very cute and I think GOD was trying to tell me something!!
It made me laugh at take it all a little less seriouS.. Which is what we HAVE to do with these OST's..
They hold no power and once you recognize that , then the rest is just persistance to underreact!!!
We all can overcome OST's!!
take care all!!!
Lisa
Please tell me what is OST's.

Post by Guest » Mon May 19, 2008 4:51 am

OST=Obsessive scary thought

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”