Those with scary thoughts.. READ!

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
Ld26angell

Post by Ld26angell » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:28 am

Hi there!
My biggest symptoms, are OST's. Most of the time they are about hurting myself or others. They are SO unrealistic. I could never do any of those things, but like everyone else that deals with this, it still scares me.
My problem is the FEAR not the Thoughts!
Well so anyways, I was on my way home from work yesterday, thinking about how I used to feel when I was at my worst with OST's (2 yrs ago) and how I was so scared to be alone because I thought I would do soemthing to mysefl or soemthing silly.
So... I was walking my dog and we were trotting along in the snow and on the ground was a tiny play toy revolver!
I started to crap up!
I have always been scared of guns and imagined how someone could ever shoot themselves (movies, stories in news regardin this always terrified me)
I bent down and picked up that 'gun' and put it in my purse just as a reminder to really look at the humor in a thought like that!!
I just thought this story was very cute and I think GOD was trying to tell me something!!
It made me laugh at take it all a little less seriouS.. Which is what we HAVE to do with these OST's..
They hold no power and once you recognize that , then the rest is just persistance to underreact!!!
We all can overcome OST's!!
take care all!!!
Lisa

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:35 am

oh yeah and also!!
My Grandfather is in the hospital again, he had Congestive heart faliure and diabetes and he is in there now trying to find out why there is still water on his lungs and all that.
He is in good spirits most of the time but I do think this is another concern of mine and it coudl be What I don't want to deal with and these are my distractions... Just a thought!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:48 am

Great posts Ld26angell!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:48 am

Thank you so much for that post!
I am having a tuff time with OST's and they are so nasty right now. I totally know they are all not true and unrealistic but I am really looking forward to learning how to minimize them!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:13 pm

That's really great. All my dog finds is things (nasty things) to eat. :p

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:09 am

To top all this off!!
This past weeknd I went on vacation with my boyfriend to Philadelphia.
I forgot the "Toy Gun" was in my purse.
I remembered wehn it was being SCANNED by the security!!
I freaked out. I told my boyfriend, 'Hun I think I have that toy gun in there?"
I heard them call security and soon they were searching everything,
I told him I had a toy gun that I forgot to take out of my purse.
To top it all off, I had a huge rip in my purse before I left and my mom sewed it on the sewing machine.
Guess where we thought the gun was? In the part that was sewn shut!!!! How suspicious does that look. I kelp apologizing profusely but I didn't know what to do!
Turns out thankfully, it was in a pocket but it didn't hide my embaressment!
I thought what a great story to post on here!
So those with scary thoughts , think of this story!
Ha ha ha!
only me!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:24 am

Oh, you poor thing!! That had to be so scary!!! A couple of years ago (inbetween my times of panic and anxiety), we were visiting family and when we were at the airport to go back home, the scanner picked up something. We'd forgotten that my grandmother had given our son a toy metal airplane. They had to look through our bags and were obviously ok with it, but people were looking at us with our 2 children suspiciously. It was embarrassing!
Your story is much more scary though, I'm glad your mom didn't sew it in, that definitely would have looked bad!!

Take care,
Ocean

epa

Post by epa » Sat May 10, 2008 5:08 am

?
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!

Post by Guest » Sun May 11, 2008 4:39 am

Not sure what the question mark is for??

Jess2005

Post by Jess2005 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:11 pm

That's funny about the airport! Actually, I have the same OST. It's so wierd, cause you know you'd never hurt anyone and that the thought is completely irrational. I'd love to talk to you more about it, I thought I was pretty much the only one with that fear!

btw, I love you hair, it's really cute!

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”