You Know You Have Panic Disorder When...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:30 am

:D :roll:
Girl were you looking in my purse again???
J~

:p

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:37 am

:o

Whoops!

**giggling sheepishly**

I ran out of mine!

;)
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

bksmom

Post by bksmom » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:21 pm

You have got to go back to the first page. I could relate to everything she said. I laughed at myself for the first time in a long time!

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:16 pm

BK
yeah i bumped the first pages items back one page. I laughed so hard when I read them. I totally related. Especially looking at my cat and wishing I had her life instead..
Laughing at myself has been healing.
;)
Jill~

Kelly Anderson

Post by Kelly Anderson » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:37 am

I love these. alot really do hit home!!!I do so many of them. I Do Not take any meds. I have managed to take 2 lexapro. (months apart) and after the first one, I thought I was dying. People from church had to come and pray for me!!!!yes, after just one!

I also look for hospital signs on the parkway "just in case"

And the pulse thing, I've checked so much I made my neck sore. THEN worried bcause something HAD to be wrong with my neck for it to be sooo sore.

I used to hate Fridays because if you needed any help then you would have to go to the ER after 5:oo. (don't worry so much about that anymore)

and the list goes on and on. People we ARE walking humor. At least our friends can get a good laugh at us while trying to help us out.

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:15 am

Loved this- I can always use a smile!
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Jasminecat

Post by Jasminecat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 am

Originally posted by Lorena818cutie:
My name is Nina and I desperate for help I ordered the program and am more than half way through it and have seen no improvment in it I have panic attacks atleast 3 times a day and cannot get on the freeway and feel like I have a mind of a 5 year old because I am so afraid of many things I take many medications such as paxil and xanax nothing is seeming to work for me I am so scared this is affecting my life so much I use to be suck an outgoing person I just want my life back I have lost hope and am giving up on myself I am a college student and been missing alot of school because I hate driving at night and my class does not end till 10:30pm. I have suffered with anxiety for 2 yrs now and now it seems it is just getting worse and worse to were I think I will become homebound its all I think about and all my life has became about...I want to talk to something that Knows what I am feeling I feel like no one knows how I am feeling and I am scared and cry about it all the time...I dont go any place that I have a panic attatck at and as far as freeways, dark streets, elevators, anywhere I feel like I cant escape when I need to I avoid and now It seems like if I go anywhere from 5-10 miles away from my house I panic...Help.!!
sounds like your not listening to the program. You need to do the relaxation cd and really listen and place your mind in the scenes they tell you so that you can stop the what if and worry thoughts for a while to give your body a break and lower that adrenaline. I know all too well how hard it is. I am struggling too, but you can't loose hope. Hope and positive thinking and believing in yourself even if you think nobody else does will help. It is mind over matter. Easier said than done, I know. but just take baby steps. start back at the beginning of the program and take your time with it. don't try and rush thru it, and do the exercises. You have friends here who will help. Take care. Do the breathing technique and know you can do it.

Oh No Not Carl

Post by Oh No Not Carl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Thats Funny But Scary At The Same Time. Ha. This Is My First Day With The Program And I Am So Happy There Are People Out The Just Like Me And I Can Relate Too!! Im Excited To be Taking Steps To Curing Myself!! I Find Myself Doing Lots Of Those Things And Im Still Very Afraid Of Most Things But, I Just Think About When I Didnt Have Those Compulsive Thoughts And I Want To Be Back To The Old Me! Wish Me Luck And Good Luck To Everyone! It will Work Out For The Better For All Of Us!! :)

Oh No Not Carl

Post by Oh No Not Carl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Originally posted by Kelly Anderson:
I love these. alot really do hit home!!!I do so many of them. I Do Not take any meds. I have managed to take 2 lexapro. (months apart) and after the first one, I thought I was dying. People from church had to come and pray for me!!!!yes, after just one!

I also look for hospital signs on the parkway "just in case"

And the pulse thing, I've checked so much I made my neck sore. THEN worried bcause something HAD to be wrong with my neck for it to be sooo sore.

I used to hate Fridays because if you needed any help then you would have to go to the ER after 5:oo. (don't worry so much about that anymore)

and the list goes on and on. People we ARE walking humor. At least our friends can get a good laugh at us while trying to help us out.

This One Hit The Nail On The Head For Me :) Exactly How I Feel And Makes Me Feel Ease That You Have Experienced It Too!!

Cheryl18

Post by Cheryl18 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:06 pm

This is too funny but also too scary because I can relate to a lot of these things....LOL

Well at least now I can laugh at myself more.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”