You Know You Have Panic Disorder When...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
TheTimeIsNow

Re: You Know You Have Panic Disorder When...

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 am

Lmbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:24 pm

* You get all panicky two weeks before you have to pick up your relatives at the airport

because you have to drive at night on the freeway.

* You stare at your pills for a very long time before you can get the nerve up to take just one

at a time.

* You take your pills one pill at a time with exceptionally large amounts of water because you

are afraid you are going to choke on the pill you are swallowing.

* You must always know where every bathroom is in the entire city, just in case you have

an "emergency" and must make a mad dash for that restroom door.

*You already have anxiety, stress, depression, mood disorder and panic and now

you are chronically worried that you are also getting OCD, ADD and agoraphobia.

* You get all panicky because your relatives are coming to visit, even though they are only

coming to town for barely two days.

* You worry that people are always watching you. They are watching you at the grocery store.

They are watching you at the coffee-house. They are watching you in line at the local bank.

They are watching you at the post office. They are watching you take out your trash.

* You cannot even concentrate on doing just one thing. You try to watch television, but

after a while that doesn't interest you. You try to read a book but can't finish a chapter.

* You write a very long and emotional e-mail and then delete it because it just sounds stupid.

*You would rather stay at home for two days while your relatives come to town to visit.

You know that you miss them and that you want to see them very much, but you still want

to stay home alone and be bored to death instead.

......Yes, my relatives really are coming to visit........TOMORROW :shock:

Lynda Lu

Lexi*J

Post by Lexi*J » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:57 pm

SOOO true! haha thanks!
Breathe

Lexi*J

Re:

Post by Lexi*J » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 pm

StevenFarrisOhio wrote:You can recite Lucinda's relaxation CD - word for word..and put others in a relaxed state.

I have been able to do that too :)
Breathe

Dixiesmom

Post by Dixiesmom » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks for the laughs! :lol: I wish I had time to read them all. Sadly, I can relate to many of them. But, it's funny when someone puts it in writing and I can actually read some of the things I do!

JoshE91

Post by JoshE91 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 pm

haha that was awsome!! i actually know a guy that did lock himself in the bathroom at his own party lol... lets just say that it was his 21 birthday party and some jack daniels may have been involved lol

bjmarr98

Post by bjmarr98 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:47 pm

I can certainly relate to quite a few of those, but that is too friggin funny... Thanks for the post... I must say it brought a smile to my face. Why is it that people with anxiety and panic disorders lose their sense of humor? :D

LyndaLu

Re:

Post by LyndaLu » Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 pm

StevenFarrisOhio wrote:You can recite Lucinda's relaxation CD - word for word..and put others in a relaxed state.
I LOVE this one !
Lynda

LyndaLu

Re:

Post by LyndaLu » Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Chilloutcathy wrote:I don't know if any of you relate to this one, You know you have panic disorder when you have to sit in the emergency room parking lot to take new meds, Just in case.
Cathy
I have never done this myself, but it sounds like something that I would have done just a few years ago
when I was having really big problems with anxiety / panic attacks.
This one is SO funny !
Lynda

ninadancer

Post by ninadancer » Thu May 10, 2012 11:10 pm

That was awesome and you made me smile at the end of a really bad panic day! Here are a few more to add:

You pretend that your cell phone just vibrated and answer it just to get out of a conversation.

You have any "emergency kit" for leaving the house - anxiety book and cd, paper bag, xanax (that you wont even take).

You dont care if taking side streets takes longer as long as you can avoid red lights.

You know what SSRI stands for and you dan say it 10x fast!

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”