You Know You Have Panic Disorder When...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
InfernoKiwi

Post by InfernoKiwi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 am

Y'know, I never noticed that before. Soft rocks?! You're right!! XD

I saw a sign on a hotel once that advertised their "Wet Pool".

MaxDog

Post by MaxDog » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:29 pm

-When someone's talking to you, they have no idea that while you're looking at them and nodding, you're not hearing one word they're saying because all you can think of is "how do I get out of here?"
Good Lord this one hit home (along with a few other ones!) This is a huge problem at work. Yeah yeah whatever, just please get out of my office so I don't have to talk to you.

Princess Nonzwa

Post by Princess Nonzwa » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:02 am

OMG, this is so funny. I thought that I was the only one in the world that does this. My first time on this site and I am replying to topics like crazy. I am so glad that I found this. This is sooo me.

-Immediately upon waking you check to make sure every part of your body feels normal. If your toe hurts you panic for the rest of the day and call in sick.

-You leave a cart full of groceries because the check out line is too long.

-When you do take a pill, any pill, you cut it in half, and sometimes in quarters, just to make sure you're not taking too much.

-You take a shower and do your hair because you don't want the paramedics who are going to pick up your dead body to comment that you smell and look awful

akay81

Post by akay81 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:24 am

man i have been giggled by the "freggrent" word eversince i listened to it!...is it a word?..i wondered...hmm maybe she messed up?...llooll! The way she says toes when you are supposed to curl them gets me too i love hearing her say it!

InfernoKiwi

Post by InfernoKiwi » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:45 am

Tohhhz. Toooohz. Letters can't express it. XD

danielle922

Post by danielle922 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:54 pm

Lol this is so true!! I mentally prep myself for the grocery store for H O U R S. I am okay in the hair salon because im sitting up but forget a dentist or any place where I'll be reclined back... Oh my God!

thinker

Post by thinker » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:00 pm

HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I cant believe i am hearing this!!! I have laughed just about everytime i do the relaxation tape because of "fregrent"!! The round soft rocks got me too!! I thought to myself "self, you are really bad when you cant even listen to a relaxation tape without critiquing it!!The toooooes got me too- i know there is one other part that I am forgetting,b ut my ipod is out of batteries right now..I actually had a friend who was having anxiety listen to the tape and i had to tell her about "freggrent" before she listened to it, like some sort of warning!! This is all halarious- I also check my pulse 100 times a day and some times people will say "why is your neck all rashy and red/" Oh, no reason- justt checking my pulse to make sure i am alive..I dont split pills in half, I just stare at them under a bright light for 15 minutes and pick the "perfect" pill out of the container- one that doesnt look tampered with..Freggrent, I love it!

crayzikat

Post by crayzikat » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:15 pm

Wow, you guys are harsh! :p

I had to go listen to my relaxation CD again because I had never heard what you're talking about. Yep, sure enough, there was freggrent. And I heard toohhz. I didn't listen long enough to hear about soft rocks, but I don't doubt that it's there.

But seriously, how are you picking up on this when you're supposed to be trying to relax?! I guess I have mine turned down so much since I only listen to it when I'm trying to sleep that these little mispronunciations never registered with me!

You guys need to learn to relax! :D

cac

Post by cac » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:11 pm

Ok kids!! When she talks about the round,soft rocks, it is possible! I was swimming and got caught in a current. The water was pushing me forward so fast, that I kept going under and thought I was going to drown. I tried grabbing onto the rocks, but they were slick and had a soft growth on them which made it impossible to grab on to anything. I was getting too tired to keep my head up and I was panicking and then someone held out a long tree branch for me. I grabbed on to it and there was a chuch group pulling me up out of the water. I was bleeding all over from hitting the rocks. So, there are soft round rocks out there! I learned the hard way! Well, I guess the rocks weren't too soft, or I wouldn't have been bleeding. I was bruised for weeks. So, one of my scariest experiences is on the relaxtion tape! (stream, rocks, waterfall - me almost drowning....ha..Yikes!!
"Love yourself first and the rest falls in line."
Quote: Lucille Ball

InfernoKiwi

Post by InfernoKiwi » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:48 am

I think I've started something here. =3

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”