You Know You Have Panic Disorder When...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
Seventh Heaven

Post by Seventh Heaven » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:50 pm

Originally posted by Seventh Heaven:
You hurry to get off the toilet b/c you're afraid "if/when" you pass out the person that rescues you might see your hiney! :eek:

You wash your hair, wash your body and shave everything in the shower in 60 seconds b/c you don't want the person that finds you passed out nakey! :)
~~~~Connie, Mom to 5 Children & Wife to a WONDERFUL Husband~~~~

StevenFarrisOhio

Post by StevenFarrisOhio » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:30 pm

You can recite Lucinda's relaxation CD - word for word..and put others in a relaxed state.
Steven Farris

fl2nc

Post by fl2nc » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:48 am

I have one to add.

You carry the portable phone from room to room with, including the bathroom, so when you pass out or get violently ill you can call for help.

Thanks for this, when I read it I laughed and laughed

Dona Dry

Post by Dona Dry » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:15 am

Your husband wants to get you in the car just to go up to the STOP SIGN a few blocks away and YOUR sooooo SCARED THAT YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. As you are sitting in the car and having terrible body symptoms you get to the STOP SIGN open the door and you walk back to your house.

I could not believe that I did that several years ago. After 4 years out of the program I go everywhere. I love to get in the car or truck and travel on any road, highway or interstate.

THAT IS THE POWER OF THE PROGRAM!!!

Thank you so much for giving me back my life and my FREEDOM.

Dona Dry

pdxryan

Post by pdxryan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:01 pm

OH man, that was the best ever! Thanks!

InfernoKiwi

Post by InfernoKiwi » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:49 am

- You've listened to the relaxation audio so many times, you start pronouncing fragrant as "freggrent".

SunshineinGA

Post by SunshineinGA » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:50 pm

That's hilaorious! I am in the right place...I definitely relate to all of these...every time I take a pill combination, I ask my husband if I am going to die, he answers no of course...so then he has to go call teh pharmacy every time to check and make sure...

I LOVED mthe "freggrent" comment..I wondered if I was hearing htat correctly...it takes me a while to get into listening to the cd because I am stuck on that word.

symone

Post by symone » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:12 am

when it is all just too much, looking at your children was once all you needed to feel great, but now your heart races at the sounds of their laughter, them playing is overwhelming, you can't take them into exhibits at the zoo and they make chicken noises!ou wait to see what new situation will set off the dreded panic!!

InfernoKiwi

Post by InfernoKiwi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Quote from SunshineinGA:

I LOVED mthe "freggrent" comment..I wondered if I was hearing htat correctly...it takes me a while to get into listening to the cd because I am stuck on that word.

xD Thanks. :D

frmthfld

Post by frmthfld » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:10 am

Soooo funny! I too get stuck on "freggrent!" But didn't the "round, soft rocks" get you guys, too? Soft rocks? Not in any streams around here! lol

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”