You Know You Have Panic Disorder When...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
MuzikGirlSarah

Post by MuzikGirlSarah » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:02 pm

This is so funny! I feel more secure knowing that I'm not the only one who relates to most of those situations!!!

Rene98

Post by Rene98 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:33 am

The sad thing is that I was too depressed to even get in the shower.
Fighting this one right now myself except I am too afraid to get in the shower because I am in a confined space and can't control my environment. It comes and goes and has for 20 years.

Nina there is help for you hon, you sound just like me when I was your age. Don't give up - it is a long road but there is an end and you will make it! I am here for you if you need me, just shoot me an e-mail or IM. All that information is in my profile.

P.S. Not only do I have to know where all the exits are but I can't sit with my back to the way out. We are all special on our own way :D
Love and Light

Rene'

samrad

Post by samrad » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:50 am

Originally posted by Healing In Process:
I too am guilty of this.

Also, you know you have panic disorder, when you constantly check your pulse to make sure you are still alive and are not dying from a heart attack.
Talking of laughing about your own afflictions, this has actually made me smile now that the event is over.

I am on a Coastguard Response Team and we had to attend a gentleman who was alchoholic, had fallen and was having heart problems. I was fine dealing with the guy, but once I had to leave the scene to arrange a landing site for the rescue helicopter, I found myself panicking and checking my pulse convinced (again) that I was going to have a heart attack.

When I think about the state the guy was in compared to me and the fact that I had just walked quickly down a lane and had the adrenaline of a call-out it's no real surprise that my heart was beating a bit faster than normal!

beth presley

Post by beth presley » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:46 pm

smiled when i read your posting. Seems I have experienced most of them. Right now I can see myself talking to someone and not knowing a thing they are saying, wonder if they knew I was out in left field.
And Nina I know how you feel. Talk to your dr. about maybe changing meds. I have felt the same way so many times. I found if I could focus on something else (if only for a short time) ie TV, crossword puzzle, my children, anything to distract my thoughts I would actually get to feeling a little bit better. Stick with the program, it will slowly sink in.
Take care, and I will be praying for you.

jimidharma

Post by jimidharma » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Originally posted by Lorena818cutie:
My name is Nina and I desperate for help I ordered the program and am more than half way through it and have seen no improvment in it I have panic attacks atleast 3 times a day and cannot get on the freeway and feel like I have a mind of a 5 year old because I am so afraid of many things I take many medications such as paxil and xanax nothing is seeming to work for me I am so scared this is affecting my life so much I use to be suck an outgoing person I just want my life back I have lost hope and am giving up on myself I am a college student and been missing alot of school because I hate driving at night and my class does not end till 10:30pm. I have suffered with anxiety for 2 yrs now and now it seems it is just getting worse and worse to were I think I will become homebound its all I think about and all my life has became about...I want to talk to something that Knows what I am feeling I feel like no one knows how I am feeling and I am scared and cry about it all the time...I dont go any place that I have a panic attatck at and as far as freeways, dark streets, elevators, anywhere I feel like I cant escape when I need to I avoid and now It seems like if I go anywhere from 5-10 miles away from my house I panic...Help.!!
stick with it and try hard!! i know you can do it. u may just have to have someone help you face your fears directly. you know? i just went through a life-changing experience and it gave me the courage to go DIRECTLY to everything i was afraid of,, cause you know what, once you've done that, you're free. you'll know that those things won't kill you. you need to really confront these things and go strait to the source of fear. that's the key to freedom. may be the hardest thing in the world,, but better to have it behind you than in front of you! wish you well!!

MARESKI

Post by MARESKI » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:18 pm

Wow again it feels good 2 know that ur not alone on these issues...They r so scarey but real n it helps just knowing that ppl have been there n that they r ok...sum days just seem hopeless waiting to see what i'm goin 2 feel like 2marrow....But when i read these forums it helps 2 know everything eventually turns out thanx every1<<33

ronart

Post by ronart » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:50 pm

this would be me below. i guess i need help.
:(

-You carry an industrial size bottle of hand sanitizer with you wherever you go.

-Immediately upon waking you check to make sure every part of your body feels normal. If your toe hurts you panic for the rest of the day and call in sick.

-You take a shower and do your hair because you don't want the paramedics who are going to pick up your dead body to comment that you smell and look awful.

Belinda333

Post by Belinda333 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Wow, I can relate to too many of these. I have to say, the one with the medics made me chuckle and that was helpful for me to see how silly that really sounds. This has been extremely helpful...Thanks!

monalisa74_2003

Post by monalisa74_2003 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:24 am

;)I check my pulse at least 100 times a day..and I wonder do people notice my hand is permanantly stuck to my neck ? and since I work at a dr office I check my blood preasure at least five times a day...
Have a blessed day,

Seventh Heaven

Post by Seventh Heaven » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:50 pm

You hurry to get off the toilet b/c you're afraid "if/when" you pass out the person that rescues you might see your hiney! :eek:

You wash your hair, wash your bosy and shave everything in the shower in 60 seconds b/c you don't want the person that finds you passed out nakey! :)
~~~~Connie, Mom to 5 Children & Wife to a WONDERFUL Husband~~~~

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”