There is humor for all of our kind

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 am

Searunner

Iams so glad you're not steamed. Oil I was thinking was that I needed your persimmon or I'd foil your plantain. You are the one who made it all vegan.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:34 am

Wait a minute here, doesn't the bible say there's no condiments for those that Love God?
Maybe we should change the subject?
:p

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:39 am

With all this food talk I'm never going to hit my scientifically predetermined goal weight ! :mad: Maybe if I jog to KFC........

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:22 am

Jillzmind & Shifrah,

Good to see both of you on-site again. Thanks for the encouraging words! It made me feel much better. People who really do understand what I experience and care... a safe place! Silliness always lifts the spirits! Just reminded me of the ministry of silly walks... Monty Python :)
`

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:10 pm

ManOfMusic -

That is the most awesome avatar pic ever! Long live Calvin and Hobbes! They've gotten me through some tough times....really! I finally broke down and got the three volume complete works. The only individual book I kept was the 10th Anniversary book because of the comments Bill Waterson interspersed throughout it.

Jamie

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Russ
Yes John Cleese is a comedic genius ..Love the silly walk too.
:D

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:56 am

Searunner,

Another Great set that's gotten me through a lot of tough times... The complete Far Side by Gary Larson! Two large oversize volumes w/slipcase... It weighs twenty pounds!!! Fantastic!!! I usually just leave it open on a desk and spend a few minutes every morning giggling... he he :p

`

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 pm

SeaRunner - I finally dug up the Calvin and Hobbes books I got in 1988. I pulled them out and laughed like it was 1988 !!!! I haven't seen the 10th Anniversary book. I'll have to look around. Bill Waterson seemed to keep a low profile. It would be good to read his comments.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Russ K - I had 2 Far Side coffee mugs that made me laugh everytime I had a coffee. One was a picture of a tall building with a sign that read "Crisis Center" on the top of it. The top floor was on fire and it's floating down a river heading towards a waterfall. The other one was "The Boneless Chicken Ranch". It had chickens flopped all over the fence and across the sign and all over the yard. LOLOLOL

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:49 am

Manofmusic-

I hear what you're saying, some of them are funny over and over again! Been a big Far Side fan since the beginning (1980)... mugs, calendars, books, newspaper, etc. I was really excited to find them all (1980 - 1994) in two volumes. I've definitely gotten my money's worth. I remember the "Crisis Center" one... very funny! LOLOLOL! Not that familiar with Calvin and Hobbes, might have to check it out!

Take Care-
`

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”