Funny Prom story.

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
Jeff S.

Post by Jeff S. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:36 am

O.k. this doesn't really have any great nuggets of wisdom about anxiety but I think it will get some giggles so here it goes. I graduated in 97 and me and my girlfriend went to two separate schools so of course there were two proms. Well we had a big fight so she didn't go to mine. Miraculously she decided before her prom I wasn't so bad. Well the whole day of the Prom I was sick with a head cold, coughing, sore throat nothing too gruesome. Well I bought a big bag of Halls and was eating them babies like m&m's, now I don't know if you can overdose on Halls but if you can I about did it. I was out of it the whole night. My girlfriend was decidedly cold to me right from the start so I am one of those people that when something goes wrong I have to think about it a whole lot and figure it out. So I wasn't a great conversationalist to say the least. Anyway we get in the limo and I sit on another girls dress and almost rip it right off her. "Hey!" she yelled, not that I can blame her. So that was strike two. We get to the hall and as I am getting out of the limo my leg got caught and splat right on my face. I sprung up doing that whole did anyone notice holy crap look around. Strike 3 my night was ruined before it started. I could tell you about the deafening silence around the table during dinner at least until I confronted my date and asked why she was being such a beeotch. Then after pictures which I am sure came out looking like those somber,1880 deguerotype wedding photos where no one looks like they want to be there. Or maybe about when I said to hell with it and went out on the dance floor with her (and remember out of it, sick and disheartened,) Did some form of dancing that looked probably like a cross between Pee Wee Herman and those kids dancing in the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Come on I know you know what I'm talking about. Well I have more but this post is already way to long so until next time... I hope you have had a laugh at my expense believe me I have been laughing just typing this it's standard story telling material. Lol.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:49 am

that sounds like a baaaaddd night lol. But at least you can laugh about it!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:46 pm

That was too funny!!! :D I always wondered what I missed not going to prom(my boyfriend my junior year in high school was too cheap, and I was married and pregnant my senior year.) I don't feel so bad now though, doesn't seem like I missed much after all!!! :)

cthrasher75

Post by cthrasher75 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Well, it was worth it just to have something funny to look back on and share. But at the time it was definitely a horrible confidence crushing night. LOL

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”