Obsessive thought into Humorous thought

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Ok so i was reading in Lucinda's book from Panic to Power about obsessive thinking and I remember she mentioned in the program to turn an obsessive thought into a humorous one but nothing beyond that. In the book it suggests to turn the thought into a humorous one and read it 10X a day for 2 weeks so I'm going to give that a shot.

Thought#1
This activity is going to last forever, I cannot leave, I cannot go and rest. I'll never do fun things again. This is too hard for me to do. I'm missing out on life. Is this all my life is?

Humorous Replacement;
I'll keep doing the activity and since I can't stop, I will wet my pants and create a big pile of poop. After a few years, I will create a flood and will struggle to stay afloat in my own pee. My poop will then harden and turn into rocks and form the bottom of what will eventually turn into an ocean. I will be at the bottom singing "under da sea" with fishies and a crab.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:55 am

HAHAHAHA that was hilarious!!! i just read that and cracked up. Good one!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:27 am

:) thank you. That is the best one so far.

Mike

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 pm

That is awsome Ninja Frodo!!!,

I use to have such an amazingly sometimes morbid sense of humor. But this disorder sucks you out of it. And it seems all my creativity lately has been used to scare myself crazy instead.

One of my humurous thought replacements is for my fear of losing my mind.

Scary Thought - " what If I forgot my true desires and went completely insane and hurt someone I loved?"

Replacement - What If I ran in the streets convered in barbecue sauce while I throw pigs at people screaming John Stamos!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:41 pm

EddyJ

Ya the condition really does suck the humor out of you but you can get to a point where you have some creativity and humor.

That replacement was so simple but yet pretty funny. Thank you for that.

Mike

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Okay, those were super-hilarious especially the John Stamos one. Good grief you got me rollin'!

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 am

I'm kinda stuck on one though, maybe you guys can help me out.

The thought is
I'm never going to be able to find a place to live. Who'll want someone who doesn't work and is on disability? There are better people for the appartments and it'll be even harder to find gay friendly places.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:26 am

This is For NinjaFrodo :
I don't know the answer , but I know how you feel. I got so lonely , and literaly desperate a couple of years ago , and as sicked / messed up ( however you want to describe it ) as I am , I tried online dating to try to help that I was so lonely. But of course people want to know about you. Well when men found out that I was severly depressed and anxiety stricken , to the point where I couldn't function normally , or even get or keep a job , and was on disability, sitting in my apartment scared , and depressed all day , and so on and so on. Well couldn't even get the worst of them to be bothered with me let alone normal people.
I didn't write this to make you feel worse .
I only wrote this to let you know although
I don't have the answer I want you to know that your Not all alone with this. Although you may or may Not be as bad off as I am.
Write back if you want to.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 am

Mike you can think about being a gypsy with a little dog and a horse and cart, going from location to location doing tricks like juggling, swallowing swords and balancing acts.

Or camping out under the stars when you hear a rustling in the woods - it's really Bigfoot - so you try to track him down for a great news story and then he leads you deep into the forest where rabbits and deer and blue birds talk as if you are in the middle of the movie Snow White.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Thank you Donna for your post. I have been in that stage awhile ago and i know what thats like and it just really sucks. I wouldn't say that loneliness is as much of a problem. I mean I can still feel lonely but I still hangout with my friends and such.

My issue is that i want to move back into the city and away from the country because it is so boring and there is nothing to do. I'm just concerned that i won't be able to find a place due to my current circumstances.

Shifrah,
Are you saying that i should picture myself doing those tricks when i've schedualled a meeting to see an apartment and i'm knocking at their door?

Mike

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”