Am I Insane?....No

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
KrissyU84<3

Post by KrissyU84<3 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:55 am

I struggle with anxiety and depression as almost all of us do. I was reading through the posts and decided to make everyone smile. A few years ago I was talking to my Grandmother who is normally very cool and calm. I told her I thought I was going to go insane. She told me one of the best things ever. She said, "People who are crazy, do not know that they are crazy. To them, it is the norm. However, questioning your sanity is a healthy thing. If you are insane, you do not know you are. That is the meaning of insanity." This made me feel alot better about myself and my situation. Maybe this will help someone else who feel like they are going crazy. Your not crazy, your struggling with anxiety and or depression. If you were crazy, you wouldn't even relize it. I hope everyone has a good weekend :D
first love yourself and the rest will follow

SeaRunner

Post by SeaRunner » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:34 pm

<span class="ev_code_BROWN">Great advice!!!</span>
"Common things occur commonly. Uncommon things don't. Therefore, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." -- C.J. Peters

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks that is really good advice. Give Grandma a big hug for that one!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:11 am

THE ADVICE WAS HELPFUL,SOMETIMES I DO FEEL THAT I'M GOING INSANE. THEN I THINK TO MYSELF THAT IT'S JUST MY ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION.

Kucek

Post by Kucek » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:56 pm

I LOVE your grandma! :)
Gina

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”