So worried I'm falling out of love with my soul mate.

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Whatthe ??

Post by Whatthe ?? » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:17 am

There is a thread about this but it hasn't been posted on for a little while so I've started this one...I suffer from anxiety amongst other things and I have gathered up my life and not let it stop me from living and doing things. I have been proud and whilst I still get anxiety I just live through it all and it has lessened a lot.I even went from not being able to leave my house to moving to a different country (third world country) to work and experience life and whilst it has been challenging I feel I am coping very well.. but WOW I have this problem of getting anxiety that I am falling out of love. This very thing wrecked my last relationship 6 years ago and I have been to scared to have another...
I have just fallen deeply in love here in my new country and been very happy and all of a sudden, I am panic stricken that I am falling out of love..(It's happening again...I don't believe it)I have not relyed on my new love for my anxiety issues as I thought this could have been one of the reasons for me feeling this way in my previous relationship... only 1 day ago I was so in love and happy with my partner and now it is like they have become a trigger for my anxiety and panic attacks and it makes me feel scared and it makes me feel guilty. I know I love this person so WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT.. I am so worried the thoughts will ruin my relationship and I have been so so happy ! I can't believe this is happening. I don't want to fall out of love...they mean so much to me...and I am scared...Why the Panic attacks, the sick feeling in my stomach and the guilt instead of pleasure when I see my partner??
PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING...
I really want reassurance and help NOT bad news stories. I don't want this to end the relationship. It is like I have a self destruct button for any time I feel happy???

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:27 am

You could be self sabotaging yourself. This is not uncommon. Wake up to this and see if this is a possibility for you. I feel it is. Give yourself the space you need to discover this. You are in control and can stop this.

Do you have the program? It would be beneficial for you. The tools to help move you through anxiety will also help move you through the feelings you are experiencing in regard to this relationship. It's just your scare voice trying to keep you from being in the present moment. Practice present moment exercises all the time. Make being present a priority. Get out of your head. You are not your thoughts. Always bring your attention back to the present moment and what you are doing in it. You will feel discomfort but you can handle that. Use your breath to bring you out of your thoughts. You do not have to answer your thoughts. Remmeber fear: False Exaggerations Appearing Real.

Notice your breath - in and out, in and out. That's where you want to keep your attention. The uncomfortable feelings in your body will pass. Allow thoughts and feelings to come and go without your attachment to them.

Work on this.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”