Anxiety about having a baby!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Emilie

Post by Emilie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:50 am

Hello all,
Anyone here to help would be wonderful. I am a newlywed, and we've been married since April 08. We are discussing children, and of course I want to have a baby with my husband. But what keeps me up at night is the fear of having anxiety AND a baby.
I've had PAD for 10 years now. I'm on Xanax and Prozac, as well as seeing a psychologist. I have been through the program twice, and I have my good days and my bad days. I've come to the point now where I know that anxiety is something I just have to slowly treat, and it might be something I have forever, or one day it just switches off (wouldn't that be AWESOME?). But all in all, I'm still "working" on it.
Well we'd love to have children soon, and I'm scared of a few things. I've always had the fear of hurting others, and I'm terrified that I will hurt my child. Secondly, I'm scared to give my child Panick Attack Disorder. I know it's hereditary. So I would LOVE to hear from anyone that has any advice as to having a baby, being part of raising a child. Anything along those lines. I want to be the best mother, and best person I can be for my child. I never want to let anxiety come in between me and my dreams.
I am grateful for any advice.
Peace,
Emilie

hope in jesus

Post by hope in jesus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 am

well its totally normal to have anxiety about having a baby for the first time especially with anxiety! anxiety for me didnt hit till after i had my daughter which was in april of 2006 she going to be 3 this year and we are thinking of having another one. dont let anxiety stop you from your dreams remember what lucinda says in session 1- she says dont give power to your scary thoughts you will never do it. i had scary thoughts like what if i hurt my baby and what if i lose my mind. but you have to fight your way through it your not that person that your thoughts are making you seem like. i love my baby girl more than ever i fight every day for her so she dosent have to go through the same thing.

hope in jesus

Post by hope in jesus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 am

sorry that was session 10

Emilie

Post by Emilie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Hope in Jesus,
Thank you so much for your response. Each day is a challenge and I am getting to the point where having a child in my life would just be plan amazing. Thank you for your wonderful words. It is so very nice to have someone out there that can relate, and truly know because of what you have experienced. Thank you so much!
Bless you,
Emilie

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”