anyone with OST's READ this!!!!!!!!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Ld26angell

Post by Ld26angell » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:32 am

there!
My biggest symptoms, are OST's. Most of the time they are about hurting myself or others. They are SO unrealistic. I could never do any of those things, but like everyone else that deals with this, it still scares me.
My problem is the FEAR not the Thoughts!
Well so anyways, I was on my way home from work yesterday, thinking about how I used to feel when I was at my worst with OST's (2 yrs ago) and how I was so scared to be alone because I thought I would do soemthing to mysefl or soemthing silly.
So... I was walking my dog and we were trotting along in the snow and on the ground was a tiny play toy revolver!
I started to crap up!
I have always been scared of guns and imagined how someone could ever shoot themselves (movies, stories in news regardin this always terrified me)
I bent down and picked up that 'gun' and put it in my purse just as a reminder to really look at the humor in a thought like that!!
I just thought this story was very cute and I think GOD was trying to tell me something!!
It made me laugh at take it all a little less seriouS.. Which is what we HAVE to do with these OST's..
They hold no power and once you recognize that , then the rest is just persistance to underreact!!!
We all can overcome OST's!!
take care all!!!
Lisa

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:58 am

was that "crap up" or crack up? EH, u made me laugh.Thank You, that does not happen often.
Make sure you don't go to the airport with that toy in your purse & continue the good fight...We r all worth it!! From 1 Lisa 2 another.
Take care & God Bless,
Lisa

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:28 am

HA HA!
i just noticed that..
It's Crack up....
I must have been thinking about the dog walk because my dog did go at that time as well!!
Ha ha!!!
have a great day!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”