slump

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
1blessedg

Post by 1blessedg » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:03 pm

well, i'm in this slump right now. i have been doing really good these past couple of months. which i didn't think i would have. i have been just living my life to the fullest not really having any scary thoughts in awhile. i had a beautiful baby girl two months ago. during the ending of my pregnancy is when i was struck with these obsessive thoughts of hurting myself and my children, but with a lot of work i had them under control. my life has truly been a blessing. then yesterday i realized the thoughts weren't there. i felt like something was missing and it was anxiety. instead of being happy about that i found myself reliving those same thoughts that would drive me crazy. i started thinking that this was it was for sure going crazy and that this time i was actually gonna end up act on these thoughts. i tries to convince myself that everyone was wrong even my therapist was wrong with my diagnosis and that i was truly crazy. i really freaked myself out. i get so frustrated with myself. i feel like i am am trying to bring these thoughts on. i wish i would just stop. anyone have a suggestions on how to help me stop trying to bring them on stop trying to test myself. God has blessed me so much and i just want to live my life like He intended me to. i want my freedom, i want to enjoy every moment of my life, not let this monster anxiety to get in my way. the thing is i know it is jsut anxiety, but why did i let it bother me so bad? HELP!

nervousfoot

Post by nervousfoot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 am

1blessedg,

I have the same problem at times. I don't suffer from anxiety as much as some people but when it gets going, I am an internal mess. The thoughts of hurting people and myself go on and on. I can't tell you how many times I felt like I was going to go off the deep end (and it has never happened).

When I begin to start feeling like myself again, I have found myself bringing on the anxiety myself. Even up to a panic attack level. I realized that I am only torturing myself. That you sound like you are doing the same thing.

People that act on their thoughts and do harm to others are usually suffering from a mental illness (I think it is called pathology). Obsessive thinkers are completely different, If you are worried about harming people or going crazy, you probably wouldn't.

I have had every bad (and good) thought you can think of. They only really bother me when I am anxious. Enjoy your family. You're ok.

Joe

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”