kinda freaked out!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
1blessedg

Post by 1blessedg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:40 pm

ok so i really don't watch the news at all. today i turn it to the news and the first thing i hear is a trial of a man who threw a toddler off the over pass right after that i hear a trial of a man who severly beat his infant daughter!!!! oh my that was too much. here i have been having scary thoughts of hurting myself and son and that pops up. i know that exposure therapy works, but after seeing that i am a bit freaked! i thought that it wouldn't scare me, but it did. i'm trying to not think that i will have those thoughts again or be afraid of them.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Blessed,

I sometimes get freaked out over the same crap. That is just what it is, crap. People that throw their kids off an overpass and beat their daughters severly, obviously have real problems.

Get it out of your head. You love your child and self.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Yes, please keep telling yourself that you would never do such an awful thing. If anything suggestive creeps into your mind, keep repeating that to drown out any crazy talk!

I rarely watch the news now both for this reason and that it's just so depressing, it's usually the last thing that is on before bedtime, doesn't that just set us up for a good nights' sleep?

Also, I used to love to listen to conservative talk radio, and would have it on all the time in the car, but I would just get so angry at the way things were going in the country, it would really set up my mood. Now I just listen to upbeat music or nothing at all.

LOL - I have to change it all the time after DH was in the car - he wants me to listen to be informed but I tell him I'd rather be happy and stupid, lol.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”