Stopped obsessive thoughts in there tracks!! Here's how!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
calmseeker

Post by calmseeker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Just wanted to share something personal for those interested. I have thoughts of feeling inadequate in social situations. I feel like I don't have anything interesting to say or that people will make fun. Ya know I just plain feel uncomfortable and obsess about my every move. So, I decided to do what linda talks about facing your fears. So, here I was about to go to a social gathering and incomes the obsessing negative racing thoughts. I stopped my self and wrote a little montra it goes like this: I am a loving kind person and people are attracted to me. People see my true self which is charming and playfull. I am interesting and articulate. People love being around me! These traits are easy fun and a natural part of my being. Life is wonderful!

Then I visualized the social event and acted out these traits. When at the social event I acted out the traits
and walah! I had a great time! The people I met enjoyed
my company emensly. I felt in control of my thoughts and
had fun. Of course I wasn't completly comfortable but I'm
learning something new so I have to be patient with
myself and remain somewhat detached.

Felt quite empowering!

Thank you Lucinda!

I would appreciate any comments<A HREF="mailto:Andrewgoland@yahoo.com">Andrewgoland@yahoo.com</A>
workinonit in CA

louella2

Re: Stopped obsessive thoughts in there tracks!! Here's how!

Post by louella2 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:29 am

I can relate to your situation.I have a social anxity also. I live out in the country and I don't get out much,so when I do I have problems breathing and hot flashes/ What do you suggest that I do.Plus my mind races. Please Help!!!

bob p

Re: Stopped obsessive thoughts in there tracks!! Here's how!

Post by bob p » Fri May 27, 2011 6:15 am

try making up your own little positive mantra so when you are out you can repeat it to yourself. dont forget practice makes things easier. practice talking to a good friend or family member or just to yourself and do research at the library or on the internet about things you would like to talk about like sports or curren events. yes you are going to feel anxious and uncomfortable but make sure you keep replacing the neg thoughts with positive ones. just go for it i know you can do it. i have confidence in you. know matter what your situation you are a beautiful creation of GOD.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”