I finished the program a few weeks ago...

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Stephanie Walsh

Post by Stephanie Walsh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:42 am

and for the past week I have been having worse obsessive thoughts than ever.

What I am afraid of, is drugs for some reason...
I am afraid to eat fast food because the possibility they put drugs in it...
And I also read Go Ask Alice about a year ago, (and if any of you have read that, you'll know what I'm talking about) but I'm DEATHLY afraid that I will randomly break out into hallucination like on an acid trip for some reason...
I mean, this keeps me up at night and it's getting really really bad.
I have NEVER, EVER done any drugs at all...
But just the thought of them scare the crap out of me.

I know I sound ridiculous, and I know it's all in my head... I just haven't grasped the whole "changing thoughts" thing.

Also, I feel like I will go insane.
I am probably one of the happiest people you will ever meet! I love life. I enjoy going out with my friends and stuff, but I'm afraid I am going to go crazy and hurt myself or something...
I'm so scared and I really really don't want to go crazy!

If anybody has any advice at all, please please! Reply to this

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:43 am

Oh, and I'm 15, by the way.
If that makes a difference...

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:03 am

I replied to your other post, didn't know you went through the program already, that's great!

Have you been using the 6 steps and other suggestions?

Maybe you need to go a little further and get some one on one counseling with the AA & D staff?

Also keep in mind that if something is going to happen, it would have already - keep telling yourself this. It's a waste of time energy and you rob yourself of joy to worry over something that will probably never happen to you!

I think there is a CD on catastrophizing, and anticipatory anxiety (8 I think) so maybe go over some of those CD's a second time. I did this after the first round, and keep my CD's handy so I can pop one in when I need a good reminder of something.

You can overcome this.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 am

Thanks, Shif!
And actually, this morning I looked over the session 10 cd and it really helped!
:)

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:28 am

Hey you arent going crazy. lol Ihave been there . here is the thing . if you are thinking that you are going crazy its a great indication that you are not crezy. you see.. people that are crazy dont have the ability to figure oh what if Im going crazy. they are totally out of reality and cant determain the difference. so yeah you are fine its just anxiety . people with anxiety are very intelligent people. we tend to over analize everything even out thoughts. lol. so the fact that you are wonderinf if you are going crazy is a good indcation that you arent . that feeling cones from excessive stressing on something or a few things . perhaps concious or subconcious. that makes the mind race and that leads you into a spirle of feelings and thoughts that make you feel fearful. but no you arent going crazy. its just anxiety. most people normally drink a glass of warm milk and it makes them carlm down something with calcium that does that . so you are perfectly fine. u just spend too much time scaring your self about what if you are going crazy. try this this. put your right hand out and think of the anxiety and panic as a huge 800 pound gorilla mean and scary animal. then mentally see him shrink to a tiny tiny little kittie cat and then take your finger and flick him away. lol what you actually did was minumize the fear to something not so scary in your mind. hope it helps its a great techneque lol and you arent crazy :O)

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”