session 10

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
young men57

Post by young men57 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:34 am

i feel scared of chest pain and feeling alone

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:07 pm

I've had those fears and thoughts too.

About the chest pain, often times the racing heart and the cold sweats and numbness is because you are breathing too fast ( hyper ventilating). You get scared and now your body starts to add more adrenaline making heightening the symptoms. Once you slow down your breathing for a couple of minutes it goes away. What also helped me was eliminating doubt by getting a routine check up with my doctor.

I think we all have fears of loneliness. It is completely normal. What helps me is daily I remind myself about the things I have. Due to this program I really do not think about what I don't have. I don't dwell on that. I count my blessings. And realize that someone out there might have much less than I do.

Hang in there. I think you will find much comfort in reading some of the discussions here. You will see you are not alone.

God Bless Much love,

EddyJ

" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”