I have a strange question regarding session 10

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Aven

Post by Aven » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Okay, I have a rather wierd question here. I think during one part of the session (it's either Lucinda herself who mentions this or someone else) who says that if one is thinking scary thoughts, one needs to remind themselves that thoughts are only thoughts and nothing more than that. But my question is, what if you're someone who thinks aloud? Then that same thought would'nt be a thought anymore, it would be a spoken word, right? And there is a great difference between thoughts and words. So, what about words? I hear from many people that words have a kind of power in them. So, if I were to accidentally or intentionally wish aloud something negative on someone, would it actually come true? If thoughts are only thoughts, are words only words?

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:02 pm

You are OVERLY overanalyzing. This is what gets us into so much trouble with anxiety.

As for your question, even if you speak your thought, it's still just a thought spoken. Words are only thoughts that have been spoken.

And they are not true until you believe them to be true......at least, not to you. And you don't have to believe everything that you think.

Everything thing that we think are only thoughts.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:29 am

Hey, thanx so much for clearing up some stuff for me. What you say makes a lot of sense. I just get confused a lot by pointless things every now and then.
It just goes to show that people like me with very severe anxiety don't really use much common sense.

Thanks again,

Josh

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:36 am

I understand what you're going through. We all are, or have been where you are. It's okay to feel like you do. You are going through something difficult. Be easy on yourself. You deserve it! It will get better soon. :)

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”