boyfriend's addiction briging me down

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
1blessedg

Post by 1blessedg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:05 pm

i have been going through so much stress the past 5 months or so. i thought that i was handling it very well, but then the past month or so i have been struggling. my boyfriend has been addicted to a few different pills foe the past two years and i have been on him to quit. he finally was ready to take that step, but it has been very stressful. it's a back and forth thing with him. i have two samll children and have been in a marriage that was nothing but drugs. i don't want to go down that road again so i put my foot down. i told him it's us or the pills. well, he has been with drawing from the pills and has become depressed and has been having panic attacks and anxiety. it has been extremely hard for me to around him because all of what he is going through i have been there. it is coming back here and there for me. no panic attacks but scarry thought that i'm gonna hurt my children. for the most part i am able to identify that it is just anxiety due to all that is going on in my life right now. i just hate that the thougts are even there i need help to stay strong and focused.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:25 am

stay strong.... know that you have to do what is right for you and your kids. try to help you boyfriend, but you can't sacrifcie your own snaity for him..... remember they are just thoughts, they will not hurt you - tell yourself they are just thoughts... hang in there and try to enjoy your kids!!!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”