Having obsessive, scary thoughts right now

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
pam202

Post by pam202 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Was doing very well -- started progesterone - then started crying - then purchased a five month old maltese and feeling sad and scared all the time.

Laura V

Post by Laura V » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:18 am

It's the progesterone. Call your doc and get something else. I went on progesterone for BC last month and I went into a tail spin. It's finally out of my system, but it takes awhile. It actually made me angry, then depressed. Hopefully you can switch to something else.
Good luck, just know its not you, its the hormones.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:11 am

I've been on progesterone for years and I have not had a problem with it. Get your levels checked through a blood test before going off of it. Also, is your progesterone compounded or is it something else? You want a natural progesterone, but get your levels checked first. How much of it are you taking? See if the amount can be lowered if necessary. There are all kinds of questions to ask before making a decision. In menopause we have zero progesterone and we do need some. Just like the estrogen. We need some, as well as some testosterone. So talk to your doctor. Get your questions answered and then make your decision.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Thank you both for your wonderful insight. I am on bio-identical progesterone. I have had blood work done and started at 200 milligrams, then 100, then 20. I have a doctor's appt. next week. I am having anxiety about getting back on. He seems to think that we haven't yet gotten to the right dosage. If I start crying again, I don't know what I'm going to do. I know I need this hormone, but can't live this way. I was thinking about getting another dog. I had a ****er for 14 years and loved her very much. I lost her two years ago. But I think being on the progesterone was the stepping off point in getting my knew puppy. I may not have been really ready for him, but the emotions were so high that I just did it. I now have him and will be loyal, but it is a lot of work and I had much, much anxiety about it. I prayed last night and cried and cried and asked for the strength to be a doggy sitter until he gets what he needs to be potty trained. He is almost 6 months old and was taken care of, but he was in a kennel before I got him and before that in a crate and had a lot of human contact. It's just a getting-to-know you time and I just didn't think I had it in me to do it. Today was a much better day. I relaxed more with him and it seemed better. This is one of the hardest things I've had to do in a long time. I don't work. I have disc problems and I take care of the home and errands. Again, thank you very much for your time and generous thoughts.

Angels-R-4-Me

Post by Angels-R-4-Me » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:55 am

Hi Pam,
I do the bio-identicals as well. Progesterone has anti-anxiety properties so I am really doubting if this is where your anxiety is coming from. I wouldn't think so on such a low dose, but your doctor has to determine that. You have typical symptoms of an anxious person, ie: sensitivity, and that's not a bad thing. It's just balancing it out.

Keep us informed and stay in touch. Use your breath to keep you focused and out of your head. Our thinking has a way of making things seem much bigger than they really are.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”