Need thoughts/advice on this!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
StephanieMarie

Post by StephanieMarie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Hey everyone-
Im a nineteen year old female that has been diagnosed with episodic anxiety, i am currently in the process of recovery and currently on medication for anxiety that i take daily. I go to therapy weekly and have taken great steps so far in becoming a better/more positive individual. I just need opinions on these thoughts ive been having, scary thoughts have been the hardest part of my recovery so far...

I keep obsessing on the thought of hurting my little sister, who is eight years old. I would NEVER EVER imagine myself doing this or anything but i cannot understand why this thought keeps bothering me, it seems like it pops up randomly and continues bothering me. the thought of hurting her in itself is bothering me, it never seems to go into great detail or anything like that, but it bothers me that im thinking it period, whether it be hurting in general or sexually/violently. it is not constant or anything, but is something that is bothering me GREATLY. I have never had any of these thoughts before until recently, even though i have been dealing with anxiety for a few years. This is the main thought that has been bothering me, i cannot seem to shake it, despite reassurance from friends/therapist.

id appreciate any feedback on this situation
thank you very much!
-stephanie

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”