Annoying scary thoughts.

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
maryduval

Annoying scary thoughts.

Post by maryduval » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 pm

I'm pretty new to the program and considering how I was before the program I can say I have come pretty far. I stay on a session as long as I have to and the scary thought session combined with self talk I have been working on diligently. I know that in recovery from this anxiety disorder there will be ups and downs but the scary thought thing really annoys me. I just get past one and in comes another. I use to be able to watch scary movies even devil movies like the omen and not be scared. Now I can't. I have had this scary thought about demons ruminating in the back of my mind for a little while now and it's a pain in the ass. I don't know why I'm all of the sudden scared of this stuff. I get through it though everyday I use the tools I just wish it would go away and not come back. Any suggestions? Mary

Johnso1958

Re: Annoying scary thoughts.

Post by Johnso1958 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi Mary, its only a thought..remember your mental stop sign. it sounds like you have come a long way. give yourself a pat on back. I also am new to program..I am on session #3. It occurs to me that I don't think we will ever be 100% anxiety free but important to know that we have tools to combat when they come creeping back in..scary thoughts.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 am

Hi Mary and Johnso,
Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting your experiences.
Sharing is so very healing.
I too struggled with obsessive scary thoughts but through the program and prayer they no longer have a hold on me. You can read my whole story in the 'Ask Coach Chris' thread.
It takes lots of practice to break out of old thinking habits. Be sure to pay close attention to lesson 12 and look at any gains you may be getting. Typically avoidance is a big one for most of us and we usually obsess to control. Be very patient and kind with yourself. You're courageous journeyers.
Feel free to private message me if you need anything at all.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris

maryduval

Post by maryduval » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Thank you guys

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”