scary thoughts

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
kkindred1960

scary thoughts

Post by kkindred1960 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:45 pm

My anxiety come when family goes out of town. I start the what if thinking and the scary thoughts. I have been in the program for a while and I find that when my anxiety kicks back up I need to go over my tapes again. Does anyone else out there find that they need to go back over there tapes. When this disorder kicked in I was going through a really rough time in my life and it manifested into this disorder. Well I really had anervious break down and my scary thoughts are that I am ggoing to go to that badplace again and it scares me. I would love to have feedback please. Let me know what you think.

Karen

randy c.

Re: scary thoughts

Post by randy c. » Fri May 30, 2014 11:25 am

Karen, Ive been in the program since 08 and i still come back if i need to,so dont worry about that thats what their there for. as far as your anxiety goes alot of people worry when someone close is traveling, i think thats normal. but when people like us worry to long it becomes an obsession. I used to get anxious when my wife went to the store and was gone longer than normal I would start "freaking out" because of scary thoughts. I didnt want to call her (because i hadnt told her about my anxiety disorder yet) so my thought would just escalate to a point of panic. she would get home I would calm down, but still have the body symptoms for days. I finally told her about the anxiety and when she went somewhere I would just call her and my anxiety never got a chance to get out of control. after I got the program I learned how to under react and now it dosent bother me at all. So when you feel that anxiety coming up put up your imaginary stop sign,cut off those scary thoughts and call if you have to they will understand. And remember its just anxiety it wont hurt you. I hope this helps. ;)

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”