i feel crazy

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
pookie4

i feel crazy

Post by pookie4 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:35 pm

I cant take this anymore...my thoughts were gone for a couple weeks. I recently had a miscarriage and thought i was doing ok. And then yesterday I completely didnt feel like myself. I felt out of it and confused about my thoughts. Like is this anxiety maybe it schiziphrenia or at least the beginning of it. I also started feeling scared that im going to lose control. And hurting the ones i love the most. I just want to feel normal not like a crazy person. Please help. I also have to learn to stop searching the internet that makes me panic more. Please help

coach21

Re: i feel crazy

Post by coach21 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey Pookie,

First of all I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can completely identify with how you feel in that scary thoughts and irrrational fears were one of my more challenging symptoms of anxiety. As per "my thoughts were gone for a couple weeks...". I used to say that to myself but reality is I was doing a good job responding to my obscure, irrational thoughts and fears during that time span. I'm sure you had obscure thoughts pop in your head but give yourself credit in that you responded well during those couple of weeks eliminating the anxiety, depression and frustration associated with these thoughts. Sometimes we go through a period of stress and experience a mild form of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress) thereafter resulting in us responding to these obscure thoughts and fears in old familiar ways. A miscarriage is pretty stressful and traumatic. Totally understandable. Sometimes our bubble bursts when we overcompensate because we are human and we begin to react in old ways inserting question marks where God put periods ie "maybe schizophrenic..." "feeling scared...going to lose control"..."hurting loved ones"..."crazy person"...ect..". Reality is the mere fact you recognized these thoughts as irrational is pure evidence of your sanity. Don't allow a bad day to turn into a bad week.

The internet is a great resource (this forum) however, there is alot of misinformation and unsubstantiated facts on-line. When we go through a growth spurt we tend to get consumed with the way we feel and get desperate. We surf the internet and absorb alot of misinformation resulting in us asking ourselves alot of bad questions "Am I crazy? What if I hurt a loved one? Am I schizophrenic? What if I lose control?..ect.." ultimately inserting question marks where God put periods.

As per "want to feel normal not like a crazy person...". Alot of time when we go through stress we tend establish irrational conclusions based on the way we feel ie "I feel crazy therefore I must be crazy". It's a common distortion called "Emotional Reasoning"; reasoning from how we feel. Remember Pookie FEELINGS ARE NOT FACTS. Reality is all we are talking about here is anxiety...nothing more. I hope this helps. Feel free to e-mail anytimne for support. God bless and happy new year!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”