pregnant with scary thoughts

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
pookie4

pregnant with scary thoughts

Post by pookie4 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm

So it has been a little over a year since these stupid obsessive thoughts have started. I found out I am pregnant a week ago. I was and am excited but now im second guessing everything I want to be healthy when I have this baby. The thoughts are so out of control I cant tell whether they are mine or not. I have tried the acceptance technique but its hard i do good for about an hour and then a new pops up and i try to figure it all out again. I am afraid to have a baby and these thoughts at the same time. Its just so confusing and frustrating. Has anybody expierenced this? I just want myself back and feel like its never going to happen

coachchris

Re: pregnant with scary thoughts

Post by coachchris » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:40 am

Hi pookie,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team at Stress. Congratulations on your pregnancy, what an exciting time! This is a very common experience for us sensitive, analytic type:) It's important to remember that these thoughts are lies and to replace them with facts and truths QUICKLY. "You are a good thinker. You have a healthy mind. You are safe. These thoughts are just a bad habit and they are passing." I would review lessons' 3, 8, 9 and 10. With obsessive thinking we want to get to the root of what is causing the circular thoughts. Have you been able to determine what that is? Fear of your mental health, physical health, the future? Happy to help in anyway that I can.

Feel free to PM me and we can set up a free coaching call:)
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”