Memory and Alzheimers

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
skymmie

Memory and Alzheimers

Post by skymmie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:08 pm

This is my second time going through the program. My first time round was over 8 years ago. I have had a very stressful 6 months. We faced money problems, work is crazy, my grandmother past away, my son was diagnosed with epilepsy, my mother in law has early onset alzhimers (really awful), and my father in law committed suicide. We have been through a lot!! But with all this stress piling on I started to get small boughts of anxiety. Then I started to notice that I wasn't concentrating very well and not remembering things. Then once I noticed this I would obsess about it to where I couldn't remember what I was going to say. I would stumble over my words because I was second guessing myself. As I started the program again I got better and stoped obsessing and realized I was ok. But every now and then if I can't remember something immediately I freak out a bit and have a hard time calming myself down. Anyone ever go through this?? I feel so alone with this problem. I know this isn't a common fear and it is very close to me because of my mother in law but wish I had someone to talk to that has delt with this. Any suggestions on supplements for mental sharpness or clarity. I am only 33,

I used to obsess about cancer, heart attacks, tumors, ect....this one is scarier because I see the devastation first hand and I am afraid to forget my kiddos!! :(

coachchris

Re: Memory and Alzheimers

Post by coachchris » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi skymmie,

This is Coach Chris. I will send you a private message. You're right that this is very common and we can help you get out of this negative cycle.

Here to help.
Coach Chris:)

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”