more obsessions! yay!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
mack

more obsessions! yay!

Post by mack » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 am

having tons of sexual obsessions. won't get into specifics but one keeps popping up on top of the other. i've been working on floating through them and accepting them as just thoughts but i was wondering by accepting i should let my mind keep going deeper and more vividly into the thought. for example ' i have the thought about children being molested every time i see a child, should i let my mind keep imagining the disgusting details of a child being molested or throw the stop sign up right after i have the thought 'theres a kid and i think of them being molested when i see one'. any thoughts would be appreciated. i'm really trying to under react to these thoughts but they don't seem to be diminishing, only increasing. i'm not new to this by any means but i don't think i've ever been quite this bombarded constantly. :shock:

bob p

Re: more obsessions! yay!

Post by bob p » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 am

Absolutely put up STOPSIGN and tell youself this is not right and move on. Good luck

Samanthasicknes

Re: more obsessions! yay!

Post by Samanthasicknes » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:21 pm

i just say ur post i know its old and u mite already be over it, but u pick the thoughts u think about u do NOT have to chase the ugly thoughts down .u do NOT have to think that stuff i have to tell my self that every day .i worry about ppl all the time ya know, i cant control them and thats ok i dont need too, u do NOT need to scare ur self with ur bad thoughts. u control ur thoughts and u can make ur self happy

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”