Osessive Body Monitiring

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
musicman9434

Osessive Body Monitiring

Post by musicman9434 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello,

i have been through the program but I am still having trouble with body monitoring. I suffered with anxiety for around 20 years and when I was first going through it, I learned about controlled breathing. This was back in the early 90's and there wasn't allot of information about this kind of thing and I live in Florida. Even now there is not that many people who specialize in anxiety disorders locally so it was very difficult in the beginning to say the least. But learning about controlled breathing in an anxious mind and not knowing how to handle really anything I did what we sufferers do best! I worried about it! I obsessed that I was not doing it right so I would intensely focus on my breathing while practicing, AND monitor my breathing throughout my day to see if I was " doing it right ". So now after 20 years I am MUCH recovered, but I still cannot stop thinking about my breathing! It seems like whenever I try and distract myself by putting myself into the moment my anxiety goes up! Even though I know there is nothing wrong with me, its just a dumb thought, all that-it dosen't matter. It's very frustrating because I feel like this is keeping me in my head and not in the outside world! It's like a paradox. I'm trying not to think about something I am thinking about! Crazy right! Any help or suggestions would be so appreciated. I am so frustrated with this! Please help!

Thank you all!

Chris

kkuhle

Re: Osessive Body Monitiring

Post by kkuhle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:50 am

I just want to let you know your not alone. Having a hard time breathing with anxiety is a scary feeling. So with the breathe 2-4, we depend on that. I think as with anxiety, is to notice and accept with the breathing. I feel maybe its the same as when panic or anxiety sets in, the more we try to fight it, the worse it gets. I don't know if this helps or not, I mainly wanted you to know you are not alone. My prayers go out to you.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”