Some Thoughts on What Works

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
willpass79

Some Thoughts on What Works

Post by willpass79 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 pm

The main thing that seems to work for me when it comes to scary thoughts is to 1) not entertain the thought, 2) not fight the thought and 3) always under, under, under-react to the thought. Now I know as much as anyone else reading this that all of that is easier said then done, but when I try to apply it it does seem to work. Actually, what has been happening is I will start to feel better but then go through a stressful day and I get scared I will start to be anxious and then boom I start to have scary thoughts. Its the "not entertaining" part that is really hard, b/c I just want to analyze those thoughts and then I want to fight them and then I feel like I am loosing the fight so I start to overreact and there we go again. I read a post on here that said think of the scary thought as a chatter box, don't run from it, don't fight it, but don't give it any attention and it starts to fade away. Anyway, in summary scarry thoughts really suck and this has been helping me...not easy, actually really hard, but it is helping. This too shall pass!

coachchris

Re: Some Thoughts on What Works

Post by coachchris » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Well done! Keep it up...little by little the scary thoughts fade and truth takes over.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”