At this point in the program...

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
MirandaLey

At this point in the program...

Post by MirandaLey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 am

Hi everyone! At this point in the program I'm really amazed at how far I've come, but sometimes I worry because I feel I still have quite a ways to go, and I think I might not be 100% cured by the time I'm done this program, and that's a little scary for me. I plan to do the program twice after taking a short break in between. What are your thoughts?

jodiek

Re: At this point in the program...

Post by jodiek » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 am

I feel exactly the same way. I still have good days and bad days, but the good days are much better than they used to be and the bad days aren't so crushing. I know that there are still more things I could do. Like, I'm still trying to get walking the dog everyday again, right now I only go about once or twice a week. So, I think whatever you think is going to continue to help you is great, if going through the program again is going to help, do it! :)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:56 am

Hey All,

Coach Chris here. Going through the program several times is the norm. Usually our first time around we are looking for those survival skills and truths to help us feel better fast. The second time around we gain more insights into life tool's that help us manage our daily lives better and bring in even more stability and lasting peace. It's awesome.

Our goal is that every week continues to be a better week and we are growing along the way. Celebrate every little victory. You are doing amazing!!

Coach Chris

coach21

Post by coach21 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Hey Miranda,

I recall having the same concerns when I initially went through this program. I learned not to view this as being "cured" rather my goal was to put together a continuing care program which would enable me to develop and sustain emotional muscle. I learned that my emotions weren't "sick" just flabby. Analogous to any muscle in our body if we don't eat right and excercise our muscles become flabby. The brain is no diffrent in that we have to feed ourselves proper nutrition (StressCenter.com tapes, books, ect..) and excercise regularly (thought replacement excercises/daily mood logs) or our emotions become flabby. This program is a valuable resource which introduces healthy habits to be woven into our lifestyle. I learned that I'll have moments in my life when I react in old ways. The good news is I incorporated a continuing care program and support system into my life which I can fall back on during these "growth spurts". Like yourself I did this through putting action behind my faith; learning about anxiety and applying that knowledge along the way. Congrats on your progress Miranda! Your a testimonial supporting the fact that if you apply these skills to your life you are fully capable of developing and sustaining emotional muscle. God bless.

MirandaLey

Post by MirandaLey » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate them! I'm feeling great for the most part. Honestly this program has changed my life, and although I'm not fully where I want to be, if it wasn't for the program I don't know WHERE I'd be right now. I plan to do the program one more time (after a bit of a break) and then after that any time I need to. That's the beauty of this program I suppose -- it NEVER stops being relevent.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”