Normal.... During Session 10

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
ropersue

Normal.... During Session 10

Post by ropersue » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:09 am

I have been having random scary thoughts and dwelling thoughts the past few days after starting session ten, I am just wondering if it is normal for the scary thoughts and dwelling thoughts to vamp up during this session. Granted the past week has been intruded with the suicide of a close family friends child. Which made me have what if thoughts based on what if I lost it so bad that I did that to my self. I saw my husbands gun container, and started to shake with fear as to what if I did loose it and do something stupid with that. It makes me sick when I think this way. It got so bad, that I had to take a piece of an anxiety pill. I also have had sill scary thoughts with what if I harmed me with a popsicle stick, or bobby pin if I lost control. Please let me know, I was doing awesome, and hadn't had one for almost two months, until I started session 10, and the mourning the loss of this child. I was doing so well my dr. took me off of anti dep so that I would have a better chance of getting prego. Do I need to see someone? Or is this normal?

NeverQuit

Re: Normal.... During Session 10

Post by NeverQuit » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 am

Hi there!

It is definitely normal to have more scary thoughts as you are doing this session. It's all about addressing those thoughts and how to handle them, so naturally, your bain will look for them! And it is especially harder when you have something happen that triggers whatever your worst anxious thought is, in this case, the death of that child. :(

You need to speak compassionately to yourself. Tell yourself that this is just one of your triggers, and you are going through something that would be traumatic for anyone. Instead of chasing the anxious thought when you are doing this session, try to listen and really hear what Lucinda and the other people in the lessons are saying. Try to really apply your mind to the tips on how to answer obsessive scary thoughts rather than chasing them around. I know this was a temptation for me in this session - it would bring up those anxious feelings, and then instead of really hearing the advice that was being given, I would play with the thought. Kind of counter-productive. :P

You are not going to hurt yourself. This just an anxious thought that your brain WANTS to play with. Obsessive thinking is a bad habit, just like negative thinking. It can only be broken by answering the thought, then moving on and distracting yourself with something else. As Lucinda says in this lesson, if the thought scares you, it means YOU WOULD NEVER DO IT. It's people who have these thoughts and DON'T worry at all about it that need to worry. lol And if that is anxious producing for you at all, "What if I don't worry about it?," I've been down that road, and it's obviously a ridiculous thought - If you are worried about your scary thought enough to worry about if you're scared by it, you are obviously scared of it. :P

So remind yourself of what the lesson says, and try and see what you are distracting yourself from. Maybe you are just upset about what happened with this person, and instead of allowing yourself to feel that pain and work through it, you want to control it, and so you are obsessing about yourself. Or maybe you are really just bored and don't have enough going on in your life to keep you focused. Don't be afraid to do the hard work, because it DOES pay off!

Praying for you! You are going to be fine, and even stronger because of this bump in the road!! :)

ropersue

Re: Normal.... During Session 10

Post by ropersue » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 am

Never Quit, thank you so much. That was some great advice, I do believe that I am trying to control my thoughts on the situation. I am hoping that today after the funeral the thoughts will be gone. And not enough to do, is soo true, I am a teacher, and have summers off, I have no kiddos yet, and so I have to try and find things to keep my self busy. I guess I need to just find alot of good hobbies. Thank you for letting me know that this is normal during this session. Because it was worrying me, and I really didn't want to have to go back on the anti dep, when I dont feel dep. I just feel anxious. I will continue to pray and keep the lord with me.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”