angels and demons

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
dxbab1692

angels and demons

Post by dxbab1692 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm

i have this scary though that demons are going to take control over my body. this is the scaryest thought ive had for a while now. i am a faithfull christian and read the bible all the time. i cant seem to conqure this thought, and i try to stay possitive. does anyone have any suggestions?
i am a guy that has been troubled by anxiety and depression all my life. i also have schizophrenia and it makes it a little hard for me. the more support the better. thank you

maria77

Re: angels and demons

Post by maria77 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Are you on medication for your schizophrenia? I can tell you are a good person, with a lot of faith in God. These thoughts aren't YOU, they're your anxiety and/or your schizophrenia. I would talk to a doctor about your concerns, especially if you suffer from schizophrenia. The fact that you're on this forum and worried about your thoughts means you want to take care of yourself which is a good thing. Hang in there and get some outside support. THESE THOUGHTS ARE NOT THE REAL YOU! I hope this helps.

dxbab1692

Post by dxbab1692 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 pm

yes im on medications now. thank you for your support!
i am a guy that has been troubled by anxiety and depression all my life. i also have schizophrenia and it makes it a little hard for me. the more support the better. thank you

dxbab1692

Post by dxbab1692 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:48 am

they came back. i seen a comerial about a new movie called the possession. it literaly scared me half to death. i had shivers. i need some support.

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi there,

I too have struggled with this scary thought in the past. On the obsessive thinking tape with the program (at least the version I have), Lucinda and the participants talk about having this same scary thought. It's not reality. You need to tell yourself that this thought is just another symptom of anxiety. Demons are NOT going to live inside of you, you love God and they would have no place in your life.

Speak these scripture verses out loud to yourself when you have that scary thought:

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died —more than that, who was raised to life —is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? . . . No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8 (read the whole passage, really uplifting!).

God's got you! Lay this scary thought at His feet, and focus on whatever task He has for you to do this day. You are safe! :)

Praying for you!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”