Thoughts creating panic attacks

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Spencer709

Post by Spencer709 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:22 am

Well, where do I begin. I have been diagnosed with OCD and to this day I have been on Paxil, Effexor, Anafranil, Celexa, and Lexapro. I have been on 20mg of Lexapro and 50mg of Anafranil now for a week. The anafranil is not new but the Lexapro is. Me and my girlfriend have been through some not good times lately and my obsessions are coming back again with regards to harming her. This scares me SO much that I even had a panic attack last night. Do I keep taking the Lexapro and see if this wears off because I felt so good the first couple of days of taking it. I also had my dose of anafranil lowered but as of today, upped it back to what it was. I feel like I am going crazy and I have no way out. Feels like I will go crazy and actually carry out the obsessions although they scare me so much. Can anyone help

Post by Guest » Thu May 28, 2009 5:49 am

Hi Spencer709

I want you to know your not alone! I was having the same thoughts for the past couple of months! The good news is that the thoughts are a LOT less severe and frequent as they once were! I have not been on lexapro, but my doctor did give me citalopram which is generic for celexa. He gave me a choice to have either drug, and I chose citalopram because of cost. Anyway, I really urge you to hang in there because I feel that the AD really helped me to jump back into reality! It is really scary, but hang in there! I am new to this group, and this is the first time I have ever posted anything anywhere, and when I read your post it reminded me of where I was. I am not a doctor but it took my meds 6-7 weeks to really kick in! And my wife is still here, I am still here! You will not hurt anyone! Any other experiences you want to talk about please repost!

Post by Guest » Thu May 28, 2009 6:44 am

Thank you so much it means a lot. Is it normal to doubt my sanity though? Like when people tell me everything will be ok, part of me knows it, butpart of me wants to keep reassuring myself that it will be ok. Part beleives while the other part does not beleive. Its really hard on me.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:05 am

I think it is perfectly normal, I still doubt every now and then. And people with anxiety are always looking for reassurance so I think that is normal as well. But rest assured you will get better! It takes time and patience and most of all sometimes we need to put trust in that little voice that is positive instead of obsessing on the little negative one!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”