Disturbing Sexual Thoughts!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
crazy cakes

Post by crazy cakes » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:36 am

Hi Ms Anxiety

I suffer from exactly the same problem and its obsessive compulsive disorder, Mine started when i gave birth to my baby girl. I am now on Prozac and i have had CBT therapy which is bascially exposure to your fears. You're completely normal at first i thought i was mad and that people would think i'm a monster but you wouldn't believe how common it is. I think most people have unacceptable thoughts but they don't tell anyone and just shrug them off thinking what a silly thought but when you've got OCD you can't you think it means your like that and it actually means your the complete oppostie your just being over cautious,

Imissme

Post by Imissme » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:00 am

Noelle, when you say you get 'turned on' I can guarentee your not. Its anxiety! Its calLed anxiety arousal.. I have studied this in college. I do sports and one of my subjects was arousal management and that is what you are experiencing! Its a feeling in the 'precious place' LOL... It doesn't mean your turned on it means your body is in a state of anxiety and it is a physical feeling through the body like a flow of energy. I have it to... Iv been having the exact same thoughts as everyone else here. Iv never told anyone about them but I really think I should seek professional help! I know Im not interested in women,the thoughts sends a shiver down my spine. I think it all began when I had a massive fight with my boyfriend. to be honest my relationship is not really the best .. I could write a book about it. I think my insecurity in my relationship has fueled these thoughts. So im conseiering therapy. But I thought I would add the point that YOU ARE NOT BEING TURNED ON, ITS ANXIETY! Iv had that feeling all my life when I feel nervous or anxious, since I was in primary school! for example if I was late for something I would get that feeling, its horrible but not because your turned on.....

anonymous224

Post by anonymous224 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:21 am

hey

anonymous224

Post by anonymous224 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:23 am

hey i have been feeling turned on by people i shudn't be turning on by, also by my dad a lot it all started of by a real bad thought and it srated at a time when i was feeling increased anxiety and stress, and i am sure its the same prob described by u guys, can sumone give metips, will this go away, and if it will, wats the gurantee it won't cum bak again? please do reply

struggling101

Post by struggling101 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:06 am

I never thought i would ever see my own mind in writing. I feel almost exactly the same way and I dont know how to cope - or what is wrong with me. some of the most disturbing things arouse me even animals doing it and worse. they say i am boarderline and my doc says i am bipolar - i dont get anxity but i do get depression and have spent years hating myself and wanting to scratch my eyes out or take my brain out and wash it - i am a kind loving caring person and the thoughts enter like a slide show and i have to shake my head to rid myself of the image - have you found anything or anyone that has helped please

Jack Daniels

Post by Jack Daniels » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 pm

i feel all your pain, i had obsessive thoughts that i was a pedophile which gave me horrible disturbing images of my children and others ( thats hard to say) that i would hurt my kids and other peoples kids and that i was a sicko and at one point i believed i was turned on by it. The only thing that got me through was attacking anxiety and stress program it made me realize that my mind wanted me to believe that i was what i knew i wasnt and its just a thought. and i have sickos in my family so i believed if they were then i would be too.. it was so painful i couldn't do anything and i want you all to know how horribly difficult this is to write but i am doing it and its a weight off my shoulders

Jack Daniels

Post by Jack Daniels » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:24 am

If anyone has had the same issue please tell me about it, i would like to not feel alone.My first panic attack came when my daugther was 3 months old i was falling asleep and i pictured her naked and then i had a panic attack and it went downhill from there,then i started to believe i was a lesbian bc i have had interactions with my friend when i was younger, a experimental stage if you will, but i always perferred the male over the female but like i said it was experimental then i freaked out about dying, choking ( lost 60 lbs bc i couldnt eat) had issues with my husband ( our sex life) or their lack of a sex life.If anyone has experienced this please contact me thank you!

razman

Re: Disturbing Sexual Thoughts!

Post by razman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:59 pm

yes, this is a helpful thread...like the rest of you, i have been having obsessive scary thoughts (suicide, terminal illness, etc) and it helps to see/hear that this is a big part of the anxiety problem...i need to learn to tune them out. any other suggestions?

jameys

Re:

Post by jameys » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:28 am

Ms. Anxiety wrote:Hi All,

I have read some of the obsessive thoughts that people have and realize thay I am possibly normal! I have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for about 3 years now. I have just ordered the program but have not started it yet, and cannot wait to. While I've experienced obsessive thinking and behaviors in the past, they were never this bad. Has anyone ever experienced sexual obsessive thoughts? I feel like I do not want these thoughts and do not invite them, however I will be sitting in a meeting, or a packed train, or a crowded restaurant, or with friends/family and all my thoughts become intrusively sexual. I picture everyone as sexual objects and fear losing control and sexually assaulting people. If you knew me, you would know this is the furthest thing from my personality! Everytime these thoughts occur, panic attacks set in, and I want to flee the situation and physically run away. I'm becoming so confused as these thoughts are happening when I'm around men, women, elderly, young children, etc. I've talked to family, friends, and boyfriend about this and they all say think it's anxiety showing up in a new form! Has anyone ever experienced? Please advise.
Thanks!!
hey... yes im the same way but i dont want them ther so i have to leave and be buy myself.why this is going on i dont know but i wish it would go away.i tell myself how could somebody think of sex 24/7

coach21

Re: Disturbing Sexual Thoughts!

Post by coach21 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Hey Jameys,

Intrusive scary thoughts were one of my more challenging symptoms of anxiety and I learned that attempting to eliminate these thoughts or "wish" these thoughts away only leads to increased variations of the thoughts themselves. I know this is difficult to believe but the majority of humans get weird, obscure, spontaneous thoughts from time to time. We're just a tad sensitive to this stuff because we lack the coping skills to manage our stress. The thoughts aren't the problems Jameys, it's your reaction to the thoughts. I recall reacting to these thoughts with alot irrational "what if's?". "What if I'm crazy?" "I must be a sick person having these thoughts?" "Why would I have thoughts like this?", ect... The key to recovery is to practice responding the those questions rationally. Through educating myself about anxiety and eliminating the belief in these bad questions I made strides. Our goal isn't the elimination of the thoughts.....every human gets weird thoughts....our goal is the elimination of any anxiety, depression, frustration associated with these thougths. God bless and e-mail anytime for support.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”