Disturbing Sexual Thoughts!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
~Noelle~

Re: Disturbing Sexual Thoughts!

Post by ~Noelle~ » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:16 pm

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by ~Noelle~ on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bradley1960

Post by bradley1960 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Noelle, It's disturbing to me too. As a man and mechanic ( we tend to have somewhat morbid sense of humor and don't let coworkers and friends forget what we see as weaknesses) I hid a lot of male on male thoughts for years. Then when I finally came across an affirmation by Louise Hay in her book "you can heal your life" I learned that a kiss under your circumstance feels good because it involves acceptance. You do not have to be gay to kiss someone of the same sex. And it is okay to appreciate the acceptance that that kiss brings. In fact when you can kiss someone of the same sex and not feel guilty about it, it is nothing more than hugging a friend who has just accomplished something worth celebrating. To get over the worry over this kiss you must first accept your own sexuality as good. Then you must find a way to accept the need to be accepted. But most importantly you need to accept yourself as good no matter what. Once you do that you will find that the kiss was also a good thing. Between you and a friend you care about. The affirmation I previously mentioned is as follows. " I am love. I love and approve of myself. All is whole, complete and perfect in my life." Write this down and post where you will see it several times a day (in more than one place if nessesary). Then read it upon waking and before going to bed and meditate on it for a few minutes. The more you accept yourself and your behaviors as good the less an unusual act for yourself will become obsessive and scary. There is absolutely nothing wrong with kissing someone any more than hugging someone. You simply cared enough at that moment to express what you were feeling. Be true to your self and what you felt at that moment and don't let the rest of the world label it for you. You are inherently good and there was nothing wrong with that kiss except worrying about your own morales and ethics. And those are self induced. As soon as you accept it as good it will no longer haunt you.

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Hey Bradley1960 I usually don't read these kinds of threads but I decided to check this out and I read what you posted and I just wanted to say you are really good with your understanding of the thought process, you also seem to be really good with seeing the reality of the situation, I can tell you are good with changing your thoughts from that. This is also an area that I have struggled with myself when it comes to physical contact and non-sexual affection with straight males so it was interesting to hear what you had to say, thank you. I think these are some thoughts that would be good for me to address at this time.

quyn2thee

Re: Re:

Post by quyn2thee » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:43 am

jameys wrote:
Ms. Anxiety wrote:Hi All,

I have read some of the obsessive thoughts that people have and realize thay I am possibly normal! I have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for about 3 years now. I have just ordered the program but have not started it yet, and cannot wait to. While I've experienced obsessive thinking and behaviors in the past, they were never this bad. Has anyone ever experienced sexual obsessive thoughts? I feel like I do not want these thoughts and do not invite them, however I will be sitting in a meeting, or a packed train, or a crowded restaurant, or with friends/family and all my thoughts become intrusively sexual. I picture everyone as sexual objects and fear losing control and sexually assaulting people. If you knew me, you would know this is the furthest thing from my personality! Everytime these thoughts occur, panic attacks set in, and I want to flee the situation and physically run away. I'm becoming so confused as these thoughts are happening when I'm around men, women, elderly, young children, etc. I've talked to family, friends, and boyfriend about this and they all say think it's anxiety showing up in a new form! Has anyone ever experienced? Please advise.
Thanks!!
hey... yes im the same way but i dont want them ther so i have to leave and be buy myself.why this is going on i dont know but i wish it would go away.i tell myself how could somebody think of sex 24/7

I'm going thru the sexual thought too. I don't understand how it happened. I woke up yesterday morning and all of a sudden I had sexual thought about my little cousin and it scared the crap out of me. I know I would never act on it and it physically disgusts me. But the thought just stays there and I'm trying to talk my self down from the anxiety. It's so good to know I'm not the only one who is going thru this.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”