I guess we all suffer from some sort of obsessing

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
mramirez10

I guess we all suffer from some sort of obsessing

Post by mramirez10 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:03 pm

So by looking at the posts I would assume that we all still have scary thoughts on this session. I was doing so good, feeling normal with very little anxiety here and then. Then I started this session and now I'm feeling extreamly anxious. I started obsessing over moving. I want to move so bad because I live in this little appartment with 5 kids and it is crowded. I've wanted to move for 7yrs now. Then when we started talking about it. I started obsessing about whether I could do it or not. Would I be able to find new friends, would my kids find new friends. I don't want to leave their school. They go to a great shcool. They don't want to leave their shcool. My fear of moving has become so great that now my husband doesn't even want to talk about it. This scares me because I don't want to stay here either. The unknown and change is so scary for me.

NeverQuit

Re: I guess we all suffer from some sort of obsessing

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:48 pm

I hope things are going better now! Know that you CAN turn that talk around! Listen to the negative to positive tape again, it's extremely helpful for obsessive thinking. Also, if you're spiritual, read some verses about God's faithfulness, it definitely helps.

windows2011

Post by windows2011 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:10 am

yeah, i know what you mean. I feel that anxious feeling too. I got laid off on 6/30/11, i had a job I loved and was hoping to retire from it but it happened so fast and I was scared. I am 58 years old now I got to start all over again! I had a comfort zone and I lost it. I have felt hopeless but I did some research and I am able to get some online classes and I am volunteering so that will look good on my resume and open doors for me. Today I am thinking, will this really help me, maybe i'm making a wrong choice, etc. etc ...... Its the negative side of me that is thinking this not the positive. When I made plans to change my situation, I made them with a positive mind. that's what you have to do, think positive and stop worrying because things usually don't turn out the way you think. You have to take each day as it comes and deal with the issues at that time.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 am

Very good posts from all of you. I agree, sometimes, we just have to do what we fear to feel better. That's what I've been doing this past summer and since I've come to this website. It really does help to face your fears, but to not overdo it, bit by bit is easier even though sometimes a giant step can make a difference as well.

MraMirez--Is there a place you can move to where your children can go to the same school? 5 children in an apt is very difficult, so I guess you have to weight the pros and cons. Hope all goes well for you. Paislee

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”