Building a better life... Session 10

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
NinjaFrodo

Re: Building a better life... Session 10

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Thank you :mrgreen: Your right i am building a better life with what i'm doing and even though it feels really rough it feels satisfying and in some way calming too, its really intresting. Its like feeling rage but having a sense of peace at the same time, kind of hard to explain.

We are starting to actually get into inner child work, its pretty intresting actually. The biggest part of what i got from the handouts we recieved in group is that if you don't listen to your inner child (the emotional part, the vulnerable part and the part that wants attention and to play) then it takes control and makes us feel out of control. It disobeys and keeps us from doing what we want to do even though we can see the benefits from it. The healing of the inner child is about listening to our feelings, allowing the feelings and taking care of ourselves and through that can we actually move on with our lives and be able to function and do what needs to get done and what we want to do.

Mike

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi Mike,
Very true what you mention about your inner kid, they sure have a way to make us pay attention when we try to ignore them.
I am so happy for you. You sound much more in peace.
Best wishes in your journey
Hope

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Thank you. Its such a big topic we are doing it 2, maybe even 3 weeks.

Oh and something really intresting happened. I voiced how I was jealous of how another person was getting complimented and recognized and they accepted me for expressing it and told me how courageous I was. I think the one facilitator realized that it was a sign that I needed recognition and positive feedback so they went around the room telling me how they felt and it was good and I don't feel jealous anymore. So amazing.

Mike

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Mike,

WOW... you sure are in a good group. Its a great thing that you are dealing with all these issues now.

Hope

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:03 pm

THH- Yes, we should make eachother's appts! :lol:

Wow, Mike, that is great news! I agree, you are in a good group! :D Paislee :mrgreen:

Frances2

Post by Frances2 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 pm

[Hi I am just starting lesson l0, Its a lot of work but it is certainly worth it. I am 80 years old I have had panic attacks when I have gone through a lot of stress. But I am so glad I am in theprogram. I went to a funeral this morning, and it was my nephews girlfriend. A gorgeous 23 year old girl who died of suicide. Aparently her cousin died of the same thing and she about about it and did the same. I wish I had got to see her a coulple of weeks ago and told her about the Stress Centre. As I was having lunch with a bunch of people and taking about Anxiety and Depression. I can see that were quite a few there with anxiety. My goal is that when I finish theprogram I can help others. I know when I had Anxiety and depression 3 months ago, I didnt want to live. I can see how are family are suffering. Mybrothers is bothered with panic attacks and he has got some other name for it, which the doctor told him. Doctors and phsicitrics cant help you. So I am blessed and so proud of myself at my age. People can see the difference in me. Shen of my friends so me when I was so depressed she said she did not expect me to live. They cant get over the change in me, and I am so determined to help others. There is one girl in our church that has been in and out of hospital and I told what I am doing and everybody says she not ready. I just pray for her. Thank you Stress Centre. quote][/quote]

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi Frances, I'm sorry you had to go to a funeral of a young lady. I recently went to a funeral of a 42 year old single man that had taken his life. He went off his meds and became despondent over not being able to get a job after earning his Master's Degree.

Anyway, I lost my 15 1/2 year old son to suicide and it is a devastating thing. Suicide is very complicated...and many situations are different with each person. A survivor of suicide knows how the person felt when they took their own lives because it is so devastating. So I hope your nephew will be okay, he should go to a Survivor's of Suicide group in town or on the Internet. I'm glad you found StressCenter.com, it has really helped me as my life has changed as I go through Menopause and Empty Nest syndrome. It has been very difficult to lose my son, but now I've lost my "job" as a Mother to all my children as they have grown up.

So I'm just trying to figure out things of what I do now in my life. Since you are 80 years old, you might have some advice for me. Glad to have you here. Paislee :mrgreen:

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:52 am

MCshope thank you for putting this together. I like how you can watch the session right on your computer. How cool. I am going through the program for the second time. My mind races so much I have a difficult time staying in the present moment. I am trying to talk to myself (internally) during the day, to remind myself what I am doing at the present moment.

Mike good work I am sure it is very painful & hard. You are a very wise person & I am glad you are finding joy.

Does anyone have a hard time pin pointing what the scary thought is? One of my thought is of my husband's health he has a cupboard full of meds. I know I can't control this so I tried to think of something humorous without success.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”