anorexia & emetophobia.

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
eniee

anorexia & emetophobia.

Post by eniee » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:22 pm

the reason for my anxiety revolves around eating, and throwing up. i never eat in front of others because i'm so afraid to have a panic attack and throw up and embarrass myself. im very skinny so everyone thinks i have an eating disorder, but i KNOW i don't because i eat well just not around others. i never eat before i go out to anywhere either, sometimes i go all day without eating. i constantly obsess that if i don't get help, i will become anorexic or bulimic. and i don't want that because i want too gain weight.. anybody else have emetophobia? i hate being around people and i have severe social anxiety, this stops me from doing things like going to school also. i cannot live this way anymore and im only 17 :(

NeverQuit

Re: anorexia & emetophobia.

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:48 pm

I can't really relate to the food part, but I can to having anxieties about situations and scary "what if" thoughts. Keep working on the program! It's important to value yourself above your anxieties. Tell yourself that you love yourself and are going to do whatever it takes to get better and to get over this condition. You CAN do it!!! Ask yourself what is REALLY bothering you, just like they teach you to do in the program. Keep working on those negative thoughts! You WILL see a difference. :) Maybe what you could do is start eating small amounts before you go out or while you're somewhere socially. Part of the overcoming process is to do the things that scare you to death, but you know that you want to get over! PRACTICE the skills that you're learning! You can do it! I know it. :)

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”