Sexual Identity/ Friend

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
fleury1991

Sexual Identity/ Friend

Post by fleury1991 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:54 am

So I have an issue that im not sure if anyone could relate too, thatd be cool. Everytime I hang out with one of my friends I can overwhelmed with "what if" thinkings that I think im attracted to him or falling in love, or wanting to be with him, that all cause me some distress. Now they're mild then they were before, but why does he trigger these unwanted thoughts for me? Me n and him r very similiar, were changing together so we have a friend bond, but I feel uncomfortable even looking at him, it just makes me feel very insecure and akward around him, and it makes me want to avoid him so I dont have to think about it. Im thinking its just an obsessive thought trying to direct my thinking away from what I dont want to face in Real Life. What do you think?

Nugget28

Re: Sexual Identity/ Friend

Post by Nugget28 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:24 am

Hi Fleury1991,

I think you are right. Are there some things in your life that you do not want to deal with?
Most time obsessive scary thoughts are a way for us to distract our mind from dealing with something in our life.
And when I was on this lesson I was a bit sceptical about it first but what Lucinda said is soooo true.
Ones I started dealing with an issue I had the scary thoughts disspeared. Every ones in a while I get a scary thought but
it doens't bother me anymore. So they go away pretty fast.

Pauly J

Re: Sexual Identity/ Friend

Post by Pauly J » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:46 am

Are you male or female? Sorry for the question, just not sure how to respond if it is the thought of male/male!

pauly j

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”