Obsessive scary thoughts

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
diva

Obsessive scary thoughts

Post by diva » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi

I need guidance. I am stuck on an obsessive scary thought. I was getting good at getting over a fear but then another scary thought would just take its place. Its like my mind is getting smarter and smarter with scaring myself. Now I started reading the book a Course in Miracles. Well by the time I was almost done reading chapter one I was panicked. All the talk about this world being an illusion is what did it and that we are all ONE. It scared the bejesus out of me. Now all I can think about is that that would mean that I would lose myself if I believed that. Then I think what's the point of our being on this planet if it is an illusion of our separation from God? What is the point of my enjoying a TV show if its not real and I'm not real. This book has brought inner peace to so many people so why has it created panic in me?? I don't even know how I will get over this one. I was trying to make myself feel better and now I feel like I have just made myself worse. I'm so Scared now. Is this an obsessive thought that will go away? Why have I done this to myself? I feel like I just keep scaring myself over and over and over again. When will it end? I was so hoping to do this without going back to the pdoc.

My repeated questioning of life and death all began when a neighbor died, 2 months after his mother died. I felt horrible for the family and then wham all my obsessing and panic hit me. I was feeling anxious prior to that about my father feeling ill and the fact that I am almost 37 and have no husband and possibly won't have kids in the future. Now its complete neurosis. Can anyone help?

diva

Re: Obsessive scary thoughts

Post by diva » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:08 pm

And, can I add one more thing. I wanted so badly to get a gold cross to wear around my neck to remind me to pray to Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Now after reading the teaching of Jesus in the course I don't even want the necklace anymore. That's how much it confused and scared me. I'm so confused as to whether this is actually just an obsessive scary thought? I feel like I am having a spiritual crisis.

T

Melodie

Re: Obsessive scary thoughts

Post by Melodie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi Diva,
All I can say to you is GET THAT BOOK OUT OF YOUR HOUSE! If you're a Christian and believe in the whole truth of God's word(The Bible) that's the book you want to be reading. A Course in Miracles, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and others like it are all New Age stuff that use "god" in their books but actually has no Christian basis what so ever. I can see why that book scared you so badly. Just remember, Satan roams around like a roaring lion looking to who he may devour and he uses these books and other materials like it to do that. You don't need a necklace as long as you have Jesus in heart. I hope this helps.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”